4.3 root

OP foton92

30th December 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
want to root my vzn i535 running 4.3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

It depends on which way your going to root. With casual (which is what I used) you need a pc. I'm not sure about saferoot though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

im sorry if this isnt the way to ask im new. ive been looking all over i cant find a safe way to root my gs3 runing 4.3. all i want is to uninstall stock samsong apps and install some apps that require rooted phone. pleas help.
30th December 2013, 09:37 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 1,982

5,522 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillbert6989

im sorry if this isnt the way to ask im new. ive been looking all over i cant find a safe way to root my gs3 runing 4.3. all i want is to uninstall stock samsong apps and install some apps that require rooted phone. pleas help.

Check the first post of our 4.3 discussion thread in the general section. Use Saferoot to root your S3 on VRUCML1. Multiple users have used Saferoot on our S3 and it is confirmed working.
30th December 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #53  

2 posts
Verizon S3 Unrooting
I want to unroot my s3, im running 4.3 and rooted it with saferoot. Ive been having a few issues and now I want to unroot so everything shows official and stock. I went through and unfroze all bloat but my question is after root I noticed it had froze "SPG" and "SysScope" should I unfreeze these then run unroot via SuperSU? or will SuperSU unfreeze those when it uninstalls?

Thanks
31st December 2013, 03:15 AM   |  #54  

5,522 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stifler210

I want to unroot my s3, im running 4.3 and rooted it with saferoot. Ive been having a few issues and now I want to unroot so everything shows official and stock. I went through and unfroze all bloat but my question is after root I noticed it had froze "SPG" and "SysScope" should I unfreeze these then run unroot via SuperSU? or will SuperSU unfreeze those when it uninstalls?

Thanks

I have no idea, but I do know you'll be unrooted after using SuperSU in that manner.
31st December 2013, 03:30 AM   |  #55  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Newnan
Thanks Meter: 1,667

2,517 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

I have no idea, but I do know you'll be unrooted after using SuperSU in that manner.

He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman-007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2013, 03:40 AM   |  #56  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 52

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007

He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

+1
Learned this the hard way. If you don't unfreeze before you unroot, you will need to re-root to unfreeze it.

Sent from my SCH-I535
The Following User Says Thank You to roaddog665 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #57  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog665

+1
Learned this the hard way. If you don't unfreeze before you unroot, you will need to re-root to unfreeze it.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Ok that is kinda what I was thinking, thanks for the info.
31st December 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #58  

5,522 posts
More
Quote:

+1

Sent from my SCH-I535

What did you notice went awry when you left those frozen after unrooting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
31st December 2013, 05:27 AM   |  #59  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 52

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

What did you notice went awry when you left those frozen after unrooting?

The apps were disabled and just wouldn't work. And since TiBu couldn't get root access it couldn't unfreeze them. That was on an older version of android. I'm on 4.3 now, and all the apps I have frozen with TiBu show as disabled in Application Manager. If it is an app that the App Manager won't let you disable, then the only way (that I know of) to turn them back on is with TiBu. I haven't tried unrooting 4.3, but I'm guessing it would be the same as older versions.

Sent from my SCH-I535
31st December 2013, 05:35 AM   |  #60  

5,522 posts
More
Quote:

The apps were disabled and just wouldn't work. And since TiBu couldn't get root access it couldn't unfreeze them. That was on an older version of android. I'm on 4.3 now, and all the apps I have frozen with TiBu show as disabled in Application Manager. If it is an app that the App Manager won't let you disable, then the only way (that I know of) to turn them back on is with TiBu. I haven't tried unrooting 4.3, but I'm guessing it would be the same as older versions.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I should have been clearer. What issues would arise with SGP and SysScope being frozen after someone unroots?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread