Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 root

Tip us?

dillbert6989
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default want to root my vzn i535 running 4.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue View Post
It depends on which way your going to root. With casual (which is what I used) you need a pc. I'm not sure about saferoot though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
im sorry if this isnt the way to ask im new. ive been looking all over i cant find a safe way to root my gs3 runing 4.3. all i want is to uninstall stock samsong apps and install some apps that require rooted phone. pleas help.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillbert6989 View Post
im sorry if this isnt the way to ask im new. ive been looking all over i cant find a safe way to root my gs3 runing 4.3. all i want is to uninstall stock samsong apps and install some apps that require rooted phone. pleas help.
Check the first post of our 4.3 discussion thread in the general section. Use Saferoot to root your S3 on VRUCML1. Multiple users have used Saferoot on our S3 and it is confirmed working.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

stifler210
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Verizon S3 Unrooting

I want to unroot my s3, im running 4.3 and rooted it with saferoot. Ive been having a few issues and now I want to unroot so everything shows official and stock. I went through and unfroze all bloat but my question is after root I noticed it had froze "SPG" and "SysScope" should I unfreeze these then run unroot via SuperSU? or will SuperSU unfreeze those when it uninstalls?

Thanks

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by stifler210 View Post
I want to unroot my s3, im running 4.3 and rooted it with saferoot. Ive been having a few issues and now I want to unroot so everything shows official and stock. I went through and unfroze all bloat but my question is after root I noticed it had froze "SPG" and "SysScope" should I unfreeze these then run unroot via SuperSU? or will SuperSU unfreeze those when it uninstalls?

Thanks
I have no idea, but I do know you'll be unrooted after using SuperSU in that manner.
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
I have no idea, but I do know you'll be unrooted after using SuperSU in that manner.
He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S3, SOKP
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman-007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roaddog665
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007 View Post
He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
+1
Learned this the hard way. If you don't unfreeze before you unroot, you will need to re-root to unfreeze it.

Sent from my SCH-I535
The Following User Says Thank You to roaddog665 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stifler210
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog665 View Post
+1
Learned this the hard way. If you don't unfreeze before you unroot, you will need to re-root to unfreeze it.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Ok that is kinda what I was thinking, thanks for the info.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
+1

Sent from my SCH-I535
What did you notice went awry when you left those frozen after unrooting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

roaddog665
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
What did you notice went awry when you left those frozen after unrooting?

The apps were disabled and just wouldn't work. And since TiBu couldn't get root access it couldn't unfreeze them. That was on an older version of android. I'm on 4.3 now, and all the apps I have frozen with TiBu show as disabled in Application Manager. If it is an app that the App Manager won't let you disable, then the only way (that I know of) to turn them back on is with TiBu. I haven't tried unrooting 4.3, but I'm guessing it would be the same as older versions.

Sent from my SCH-I535

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
The apps were disabled and just wouldn't work. And since TiBu couldn't get root access it couldn't unfreeze them. That was on an older version of android. I'm on 4.3 now, and all the apps I have frozen with TiBu show as disabled in Application Manager. If it is an app that the App Manager won't let you disable, then the only way (that I know of) to turn them back on is with TiBu. I haven't tried unrooting 4.3, but I'm guessing it would be the same as older versions.

Sent from my SCH-I535
I should have been clearer. What issues would arise with SGP and SysScope being frozen after someone unroots?

[last device]
Droid Incroyable