[MOD][ROOT]Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3
Ok first things first, this is not my work, im just compiling it and adjusting it for our phone. Original post is linked below with credit to cj64 and thedonxr for the source.
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PHONE OR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED FROM APPLYING THIS.
Rooted Maxx/Ultra on Kit Kat 19.5.3
You will not be able to do this on stock phones. If you are on Kit Kat and are stock, there is currently no way to root it.
1. Download Root Explorer by Jrummy in the Play store.
2. Download VZWEntitlementServices.apk below on your Maxx/Ultra.
3. Go into Root Explorer and find System folder, find priv-app, inside priv-app long press VZWEntitlementServices.apk and VZWEntitlementServices.odex rename to VZWEntitlementServices.apk.bak and VZWEntitlementServices.odex.bak and back out to first folder.
4. Go to sdcard folder, download and find VZWEntitlementServices.apk that you downloaded from step 2 copy it and back out to the home folder enter the system folder and then the app folder and paste it.
5. Long press on the file and hit permissions in the menu. change permissions Owner: Read/Write, Group:Read, Others: Read (should show rw-r--r--)
6. Exit out of root explorer and try to enable your native hotspot. It may force close or just check the box with no action like mine .
7. Go back to root explorer and move the VZWEntitlementServices.apk that you put in the system folder to the priv-app folder.
8. Check the tether it should work.
9. PROFIT! Thank baby jesus and buy me a beer lol
10. Donations are appreciated to TopSnake
Donations are appreciated!
Droid Maxx and Droid Ultra
Both Unlocked and Rooted