Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 44,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE is almost EOL, what are you planning to get as your next phone?

Tip us?

WiFi_N
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default The HTC EVO 4G LTE is almost EOL, what are you planning to get as your next phone?

The HTC EVO 4G LTE was released in May/June 2012 (after the whole import block fiasco). Add on the 20 months wait period for upgrades and the first adopters will begin to be eligible to upgrade in January/February 2014, which is less than a month away. Therefore, the EVO is reaching its End Of Life (EOL). So what phone are you guys planning on getting next?

I'm personally planning on getting the Nexus 5. I spent all of 2 months on a Sense-based ROM. After I switched to Cyanogenmod, I never went back. AOSP > Sense for me. I'm hoping that with the Nexus 5 they'll be fewer bugs with AOSP-based ROMs.

knotcw
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Waiting to see if anything exciting is shown at CES. If i had to choose today would go with the LG G2.

polar2792
Old
Thanks Meter 173
That's why I'm going N5. Hopefully smoother running AOSP with less bugs.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

mammothjojo88
Old
Thanks Meter 331
I ended up going to the HTC one and love it.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Click the image above to go to the portal and forums!

puhiniho
Old
Thanks Meter 26
My contract ends in Feb, I want to see what the upcoming HTC M8 or Galaxy S5 will be. Hopefully HTC will have the SD card slot like the Max, or I might have to go with the galaxy And hopefully they don't make the phones any bigger. Phone have been getting gigantic! I got big hands but it's getting ridicules, maybe it's just me

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

aaronagis
Old
Thanks Meter 156
I've been eyeballing the HTC ONE for a long time. I would love one of those nice shiny Red HTC ones, and I have been very close to buying one on Ebay, but I have an upgrade coming in June, and I plan on waiting it out until then, I'm sure the Rumored "M8" successor to the One is going to be available then, and if it seems like a good phone, I will most likely go with that.
http://db.tt/hxiGF8HI

63sammo1
Old
Thanks Meter 25
The renders, and specs I've seen of the m8 ROCK!! If true, this device will be a monster!!

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

scataldo721
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I'm thinking note 3 as of right now but that is strictly bc it's the only phone w. An snapdragon 800 3gb of ram and an sd slot... I'm a specs junkie unfortunately

ADM818
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63sammo1 View Post
The renders, and specs I've seen of the m8 ROCK!! If true, this device will be a monster!!

Haha that device would be an outdated monster since phones next year are coming with the new snapdragon 805 and m8 will be released with an 800.

gameaddict8
Old
Thanks Meter 39
no triband. the g2 might be the better option for you, no sd slot, but base 32gb storage.

The Following User Says Thank You to gameaddict8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aosp, cyanogenmod, rom, sense, upgrade