No Audio While Casting local files from PC Chorme Browser

Search This thread

rich2x

Oct 11, 2011
Hi all,

First off, thanks for the help.

I'm trying to cast a local file from my PC to the TV in my living room. The video plays fine, but there is no audio stream to the TV. There is also no option to turn the audio on at all within the browser.

Any ideas what the issue or extension I need?

Thank you!

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I'm trying to cast a local file from my PC to the TV in my living room. The video plays fine, but there is no audio stream to the TV. There is also no option to turn the audio on at all within the browser.
The Cast extension should automatically redirect audio to the Chromecast when casting a tab or the full screen.

Go to this page in Chrome
http://www.songsofinsects.com/flashtest/index.html

Cast the entire desktop to see if you get no audio at all, audio on TV, audio on computer, or audio on both?
Play a second then pause it. You should be able to determine if you get audio from the PC and TV, because the PC playback will be immediate, while the TV playback will follow a second or two later.
I get audio on both[/]b PC and TV doing this.

Now, cast just the tab and do the same.
I get audio only on the TV doing this.

Sinyc

Jul 9, 2009
Hi all,

First off, thanks for the help.

Any ideas what the issue or extension I need?

Thank you!

If you are trying to view a MKV file, it will not have audio at this point.