Read only File System Problem
First of all, I would like to wish Merry Christmas
to the Community Members...
Secondly, I am stuck on a very irritating problem: Read Only File System
I Rooted my phone, Flashed CWM 22.214.171.124 a month ago. Since then, I tried various ROMs here and I found this problem in all ROMs I've tried
. Basically, I am not able to Change my System Files
- I tried ES File Explorer to overwrite but it says: Permission Denied!
- I tried all File manager, but failed!
- I tried mount -o remount,rw /system but neither it changed the permissions, nor it gave any error in Terminal.
- I used Terminal and tried the chmod command, but it says Read Only file system
- I tried to make a Flashable ZIP using this method, but even this doesn't change the files.(No, it does not show any error while flashing the zip through CWM)
Actually, I was trying to overwrite the boot animation, but the thing is that my whole system seems to be Read Only.
So, I would like to ask for help regarding this.
I am not responsible for damage of your Phone, in any way. Please Read instructions carefully and then Proceed at your own Risk.
Phone: LG Optimus L9 P765 v20C Indian Version (Black)
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4 (Custom recovery by artas)
Current ROM: Cyanogen Mod 11 (Unofficial)
ROMs Tried: SuperLuminal(4.2.2), KitKat(4.4), Avatar Beta(3.1), CyanogenMod 11