[MOD] Increase Over all Sound Volume CM11 4.4.2 (Flashable) (01-25-14)

Search This thread

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
kaos_secret_shh_jd1_zps27006a5f.jpg

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐​
Warning-64_zps0184323c.png

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. THIS IS DESIGNED FOR THE SPRINT SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.FLASHING THIS MAY/WILL RUIN YOUR DEVICE. MYSELF & XDA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE.
what we have below is a modified system file that will increase your over all speaker volumes on your CM11 Based Aosp rom.

Sys-Installer_64_zpsa6689b0f.png

installation instructions.
Download Appropriate file place on internal or external sd. reboot to recovery flash zip. wipe cache & dalvik cache. reboot .....profit.

Read-It-Later-64_zpsd942d002.png

Please remember to hit thank you. plus let me know it worked for you as well.

Last edited:

Ferenczy68

I flashed this but I'm not hearing any gain with this mod on CM11. I've used your other sound increase mods (on both TW & AOSP ROMs) and they were excellent. This time no discernible difference. I did try manually replacing the snd_soc_msm_2x with your AOSP version, it boot looped so I went back to OEM. Ideas?

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
I flashed this but I'm not hearing any gain with this mod on CM11. I've used your other sound increase mods (on both TW & AOSP ROMs) and they were excellent. This time no discernible difference. I did try manually replacing the snd_soc_msm_2x with your AOSP version, it boot looped so I went back to OEM. Ideas?

I'll look at it tonight. Works great for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JoeyDuran

Jan 4, 2013
Spring
im checking it out right now on Beanstalk 4.4.2...just creating a backup at the moment. is there going to be a fully boosted volume version? when i was on wicked sensations i had a sound mod extreme that i downloaded from their updater and i loved how loud that was. will post back in a few for the results

update: its a no go. did not increase the volume at all. tried flashing a few times and still nothing :( hopefully it gets fixed soon, i really love to have my phone loud. thank you for your work though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsoul0529

tempest6253

Jun 8, 2010
works great running liquid smooth 3.0 .Doesn't seem to have any effect on Bluetooth volume though. If there's a way to apply it to Bluetooth volume that would be great .I don't use wired head phones just Bluetooth so I can say if it works on wired headphones or not .

Last edited:

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
works great running liquid smooth 3.0 .Doesn't seem to have any effect on Bluetooth volume though. If there's a way to apply it to Bluetooth volume that would be great .I don't use wired head phones just Bluetooth so I can say if it works on wired headphones or not .

more then likely i would have to search trough let me look at it. but now we have a over all speaker tweak. i did ringer speaker. voice speaker in call as well is louder.

first post updated

Last edited:

tempest6253

Jun 8, 2010
just tried it out on slimkat also works great on slim to.Thank you much for getting this working

eddieleed

Apr 26, 2013
kaos_secret_shh_jd1_zps27006a5f.jpg

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐​
Warning-64_zps0184323c.png

Sys-Installer_64_zpsa6689b0f.png

installation instructions.
Download Appropriate file place on internal or external sd. reboot to recovery flash zip. wipe cache & dalvik cache. reboot .....profit.

Read-It-Later-64_zpsd942d002.png

Please remember to hit thank you. plus let me know it worked for you as well.

worked great with my verizon galaxy s3 hellkat 4.4.2....thank u very much :D

ReppinTheSouth

Nov 15, 2010
Good looking out. Mod works on Sprint Hellfire as well.

Only two small issues. As someone else mentioned, it doesn't appear to effect bluetooth call volume. Another issue I've ran into is when I am in a call and switch to bluetooth, everything works fine. The next call I make will have very low volume. I have to decrease the volume and then increase it in order for it to work at regular volume. :confused:

Reactions: kaos420

zimmertr

Jul 19, 2013
Is there any way to undue this? I flashed it without first creating a backup and I don't want to restore a backup from weeks ago... I enjoy this mod for most things (listening to music, car aux, etc) but when I'm in a call with someone the lowest volume setting blows my eardrum.. I have to hold the phone about 2 inches away from my ear.

Last edited:

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Is there any way to undue this? I flashed it without first creating a backup and I don't want to restore a backup from weeks ago... I enjoy this mod for most things (listening to music, car aux, etc) but when I'm in a call with someone the lowest volume setting blows my eardrum.. I have to hold the phone about 2 inches away from my ear.

Ya you should of nandroided. Replace your rom.. Only way.

Reactions: wetbiker7

JoeyDuran

Jan 4, 2013
Spring
It works great now! But I get a couple random reboots after flashing this. Idk what it could be due to

esejose13

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for this I flashed it on my friends s3 after him complaining it was too low volume. Now he doesn't even complain

D

Deleted member 857253

Running flawless here too, SlimKat stable. Thank you very much!!

Top Liked Posts