XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KFHD Stuck in TWRP

Tip us?

Ph0enix_216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Unhappy KFHD Stuck in TWRP

Okay, I know this question has been asked quite a few times, but I'm really stuck here.

I was running CM10.2 on my KFHD, when I wanted to revert back to Stock OS for a while so I could test something I was working on. I created a full backup in TWRP so that once I was done I could go back. I then proceeded to wipe (factory reset) and flash the 7.4.3. I then rebooted. My Kindle won't get past the 2nd bootloader. It only show's the blue logo. I thought, "Okay, something's not right, I'll just restore from a backup. So I rebooted into TWRP, and proceeded to restore, only to be graced by big red letters that said, "Restore Failed." I rebooted the bootloader, putting it into fastboot mode, and tried to restore from some boot, recovery, and system images I had lying around on my hard drive somewhere. Still no dice. My Kindle just sits there, refusing to boot past the 2nd boot loader.

Any ideas out there?

Phone: ZTE Valet Z665C
ROM: Stock
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Android Version: 4.1.1
Recovery: Stock
----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: hashcode@hashcode-ubb #1
Android Version: 4.4

Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.1

Want text message alerts via ADB? Click here!

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix_216 View Post
Okay, I know this question has been asked quite a few times, but I'm really stuck here.

I was running CM10.2 on my KFHD, when I wanted to revert back to Stock OS for a while so I could test something I was working on. I created a full backup in TWRP so that once I was done I could go back. I then proceeded to wipe (factory reset) and flash the 7.4.3. I then rebooted. My Kindle won't get past the 2nd bootloader. It only show's the blue logo. I thought, "Okay, something's not right, I'll just restore from a backup. So I rebooted into TWRP, and proceeded to restore, only to be graced by big red letters that said, "Restore Failed." I rebooted the bootloader, putting it into fastboot mode, and tried to restore from some boot, recovery, and system images I had lying around on my hard drive somewhere. Still no dice. My Kindle just sits there, refusing to boot past the 2nd boot loader.

Any ideas out there?
You can try to adb sideload a factory image in TWRP if you have not tried that. Otherwise it's a factory reset.

Seems the flashing of the images did not take or you would not have the 2nd bootloader anymore. So first, check your drivers and make sure they are installed right. Also make sure you have adb.exe and fastboot.exe in the folder you are CD'ing from.

What I would do is download this tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254 and CD from inside that folder and push those images. I know that process will/should work.

Double check and make sure you have fastboot communication with your computer fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar

then from inside the folder hold shift and right click on mouse choosing open a command prompt here

Then type these commands

fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot "image name here" include .img at end"
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery "recovery name here" include .img at end
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system "system image name here" include .img at end
Now give some time as the system image is quite large
when done, type fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
Profit
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ph0enix_216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation View Post
You can try to adb sideload a factory image in TWRP if you have not tried that. Otherwise it's a factory reset.

Seems the flashing of the images did not take or you would not have the 2nd bootloader anymore. So first, check your drivers and make sure they are installed right. Also make sure you have adb.exe and fastboot.exe in the folder you are CD'ing from.

What I would do is download this tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254 and CD from inside that folder and push those images. I know that process will/should work.

Double check and make sure you have fastboot communication with your computer fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar

then from inside the folder hold shift and right click on mouse choosing open a command prompt here

Then type these commands

fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot "image name here" include .img at end"
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery "recovery name here" include .img at end
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system "system image name here" include .img at end
Now give some time as the system image is quite large
when done, type fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
Profit
I've got the correct drivers. I've had them for a couple of months--they're the ones from @stunts513. And Windows driver enforcement has been disabled for a while now, because signature enforcement is pretty annoying.

And I can't use the system restore tool. The download is just too big. My internet is just one step above dialup, just enough to watch videos on YouTube and "Doctor Who." A 1.1 GB file is just too big, and the script without the images is no longer available.

Still, thank you for responding.

Phone: ZTE Valet Z665C
ROM: Stock
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Android Version: 4.1.1
Recovery: Stock
----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: hashcode@hashcode-ubb #1
Android Version: 4.4

Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.1

Want text message alerts via ADB? Click here!