How to sim unlock N9005 MJ9 build?

Search This thread

hoangps

May 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
I has just bought N9005 a few days ago.

But not display enter code area when insert my sim card?

How to unlock with code or do antything? :(

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
If you put your sim in and doesn't ask for code.... Then don't worry just use it. If you need to put different sim in and asks for code. .. That's when you will need the code. If it still doesn't ask for code then probably phone is already unlocked.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hoangps

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I doubt it is carrier-locked, it looks more like region-locked.

Also in this case it might be a problem since for Vietnam (XXV, XEV) the original Samsung version was N9000 (the Exynos one) - and I believe there is no N9005 firmware with a CSC corresponding to XXV or XEV.

You should probably look around for other owners/users in Vietnam.

If you find nothing you should try to insert an EU SIM and see if it works (assuming the N9005 was bought in EU, otherwise a SIM from the country from where it was bought).

In the future when you need help you might see more feedback if you provide more details - for instance your current firmware in the phone , you can see those after *#1234# , also reading and searching around the forums here has never hurt anyone :)

Reactions: hoangps

hoangps

May 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
If you put your sim in and doesn't ask for cdeo.... Then don't worry just use it. If you need to put different sim in and asks for code. .. That's when you will need the code. If it still doesn't ask for code then probably phone is already unlocked.

Also in this case it might be a problem since for Vietnam (XXV, XEV) the original Samsung version was N9000 (the Exynos one) - and I believe there is no N9005 firmware with a CSC corresponding to XXV or XEV.

If you find nothing you should try to insert an EU SIM and see if it works (assuming the N9005 was bought in EU, otherwise a SIM from the country from where it was bought).

In the future when you need help you might see more feedback if you provide more details - for instance your current firmware in the phone , you can see those after *#1234# , also reading and searching around the forums here has never hurt anyone :)

My english it poor,sr if you cant understand...

Yup,may be unlocked,doesn't ask for code and display my carrier on status bar but cant call to any number at my country,you know what happening? or can explain to me?

*#1234#

N7N3SJg.png

And my video here when insert my sim : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU3CyR9ptww

Last edited:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My english it poor,sr if you cant understand...

Yup,may be unlocked,doesn't ask for code and display my carrier on status bar but cant call to any number at my country,you know what happening? or can explain to me?

*#1234#

The software inside your N9005 suggests a Hong-Kong software version (which does not 100% guarantee that it was a Hong-Kong phone in the first place, but nothing does).

I am afraid I have no experience with what happens there - you really need to ask somebody with a N9005 and Vietnam SIM.

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
Just looked at your video but can't see anything in the status bar. Can you go into about phone and then status to see the service state... If in service or not. Also can you get Internet on the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you put your sim in and doesn't ask for code.... Then don't worry just use it. If you need to put different sim in and asks for code. .. That's when you will need the code. If it still doesn't ask for code then probably phone is already unlocked.