[KERNEL] (013) KK442 GSM(3.4+ Hybrid/OC/Intelliplug/active/FauxSound)[08-02-2014]

Search This thread

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
Is this compatible with the GPE version ? I assume thats conisdered "stock"
It's not "stock" in the sense that Motorola stock ROMs use f2fs for /data, but GPE uses EXT4. Custom stock kernels require f2fs to boot. You can use custom stock kernels with GPE, provided you have formatted /data to f2fs.

To clarify:
1) Format /data to f2fs (if not already)
2) Flash GPE ROM and immediately flash custom stock kernel​

abeloman

Apr 29, 2012
Veracruz
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Well, if anybody wants to make the waiting shorter, you can try this compilation that I´ve made some 11 days ago. It contains many patches from faux´s KK kernel, most of the important ones at least. The only one missing that I can think of is fauxsound since I don´t use it.

Complete changelog and sources: https://github.com/knizmi/kernel-msm/commits/lollipop—5.0.2-release

Faux´s features:
Intelliplug
Intellidemand and Intelliactive cpu governors
Powersuspend
Intelli-KSM - don´t use that though; it still breaks the camera; I´ll revert it later

+ dozens of other patches that Faux uses and a couple more that are useful in my opinion (see github)
I'm sorry to ask, but this is for kitkat?

HzMeister

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
Battery drain on xt1028

Tried the 14m kernel for the past week on a boost mobile moto g flashed to verizon to use on pageplus and was getting massive battery drain. 13m kernel and stock kernel do not have this problem. Not sure what it could be, but if anyone isn't getting the battey life they expect on a cdma variant with 14m, it's worth trying another kernel.

edit: btw, currently using the 13m kernel. Only mod to the kernel is a script to run kcal control, fiops scheduler, and 256k buffer size. Could not ask for better battery life and performance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts