5,606,530 Members 34,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

P880 won't boot after 442 flashing

Tip us?
 
The_Sniper
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default P880 won't boot after 442 flashing

Hi guys,

Need your assistance in this. I downloaded the 4.4.2, the Gapps (stock version), and the CWM Touch 6044. Flashed successfully the 6044. Rebooted, and flashed omni 442 and then the gapps. Did a wipe data/factory reset. Then pressed reboot device. The phone will restart and stay stuck at the Omni Logo. No progress from there at all. Did a few other reboots and different combinations to the above but to no result. Stuck there. Finally, did a restore from my backup just to have a phone again..Any idea what I did wrong from the start?
 
Nalefyre
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jul 2013
How long did you wait at the first bootup? It took quite long for me, so I'd suggest waiting up to 20 minutes before turning off the phone. Try flashing with the most lightweight Gapps package, that's what everyone seems to be using. You could also try wiping cache and dalvik cache.
 
The_Sniper
Old
(Last edited by The_Sniper; 27th December 2013 at 03:49 PM.) Reason: Update
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalefyre View Post
How long did you wait at the first bootup? It took quite long for me, so I'd suggest waiting up to 20 minutes before turning off the phone. Try flashing with the most lightweight Gapps package, that's what everyone seems to be using. You could also try wiping cache and dalvik cache.
Well, did the Dalvik cache but later on, when I was experimenting. I had waited at least 16/18 minutes till my patience ran out...

Decided to have one more go right now. 1. Did a wipe data / factory reset. 2. After that, wiped Dalvik cache. 3. Presently installing Omni and then will install gapps. 4. Will reboot and leave it to boot until I leave work. (couple of hours from now). And will see what happens.


- Forgot to add thaty in all instances, I selected YES in the "root" question in the end. -


Thanks for replying!


---Update

Nothing changed. Stuck at the Omni logo for about 50 minutes..
 
black@pirate
Old
#4  
black@pirate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 337
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sniper View Post
Well, did the Dalvik cache but later on, when I was experimenting. I had waited at least 16/18 minutes till my patience ran out...

Decided to have one more go right now. 1. Did a wipe data / factory reset. 2. After that, wiped Dalvik cache. 3. Presently installing Omni and then will install gapps. 4. Will reboot and leave it to boot until I leave work. (couple of hours from now). And will see what happens.


- Forgot to add thaty in all instances, I selected YES in the "root" question in the end. -


Thanks for replying!


---Update

Nothing changed. Stuck at the Omni logo for about 50 minutes..
So don't flash gapps and ROM back to back. Flash ROM then reboot and after waiting 5 mins reboot and flash gapps again.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MY WORK
LiquidSmooth KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631676
XenonHD KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639397
 
Omario-242
Old
#5  
Omario-242's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 710
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Munich
Maybe format /system in addition to the factory reset (it's under mounts and storage). So you get a completely clean install

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
||
|| LG Optimus 4X HD (P880)
|| Android Version 4.4.2 Kitkat
|| Recovery TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.0.0
|| Kernel Iodak 9.95 (patiently waiting for v10 )
|| Rom Version Beanstalk 4.4.275 ported by Ecto

||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The_Sniper
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thanks for your advice guys - Unfortunately I don't see any results

I booted in recovery and in this order: Wiped data / did factory reset - then wiped Dalvik - then did format /system - then flashed successfully Omnirom and at the end select YES in the "root" question. Did not touch the Gapps.

Same result - has been in the Omni Logo for more than half an hour.

Can someone tell me the absolute prerequisites needed to install and boot normally? Apart from CWM Touch 6.0.4.4 that is?

Thanks in advance
 
Omario-242
Old
#7  
Omario-242's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 710
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Munich
I really don't see any more required steps to install OmniRom. Did you try another downloaded OmniRom? Maybe something is wrong with your used version.

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
||
|| LG Optimus 4X HD (P880)
|| Android Version 4.4.2 Kitkat
|| Recovery TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.0.0
|| Kernel Iodak 9.95 (patiently waiting for v10 )
|| Rom Version Beanstalk 4.4.275 ported by Ecto

||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
black@pirate
Old
#8  
black@pirate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 337
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sniper View Post
Thanks for your advice guys - Unfortunately I don't see any results

I booted in recovery and in this order: Wiped data / did factory reset - then wiped Dalvik - then did format /system - then flashed successfully Omnirom and at the end select YES in the "root" question. Did not touch the Gapps.

Same result - has been in the Omni Logo for more than half an hour.

Can someone tell me the absolute prerequisites needed to install and boot normally? Apart from CWM Touch 6.0.4.4 that is?

Thanks in advance
Select No in the root option.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MY WORK
LiquidSmooth KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631676
XenonHD KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639397
 
Omario-242
Old
#9  
Omario-242's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 710
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by black@pirate View Post
Select No in the root option.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That shouldn't do any damage (I tried both ways and didn't notice any difference )
I really think your downloaded ROM zip is corrupt as nobody else having problems with it

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
||
|| LG Optimus 4X HD (P880)
|| Android Version 4.4.2 Kitkat
|| Recovery TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.0.0
|| Kernel Iodak 9.95 (patiently waiting for v10 )
|| Rom Version Beanstalk 4.4.275 ported by Ecto

||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The_Sniper
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omario-242 View Post
That shouldn't do any damage (I tried both ways and didn't notice any difference )
I really think your downloaded ROM zip is corrupt as nobody else having problems with it

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
Yeah, will redownload - choosing NO also did not make any difference

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes