Does the 4.3 update give option to restart device?

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
I don't know why 4.2 didn't have an option to reboot the device, i am pretty used to having this option on my phones i have had for the last 2 or 3 of them and was hoping this 4.3 update would finally give the option on this tablet.

i can't understand why it wouldn't be there as it's a bit of a pain when you do want to restart it.

can anyone let me know.

thanks

james

Pihkal

Dec 20, 2010
Tongeren
I don't know why 4.2 didn't have an option to reboot the device, i am pretty used to having this option on my phones i have had for the last 2 or 3 of them and was hoping this 4.3 update would finally give the option on this tablet.

i can't understand why it wouldn't be there as it's a bit of a pain when you do want to restart it.

can anyone let me know.

thanks

james

Probably not.
Root your tablet, install xposed framework and install advanced power menu module.
Enable the module, reboot et voila...problem solved.

Happy holidays.

Reactions: dajj

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
You can also install Xposed module GravityBox instead.

Besides the power menu, it gives many more options, and together with the module Xperia Flip Settings the status bar can be modified to look and behave nearly like AOSP.

Also GravityBox has the option to use Expanded Desktop, i.e. hide the navigation bar.

Pihkal

Dec 20, 2010
Tongeren
You can also install Xposed module GravityBox instead.

Besides the power menu, it gives many more options, and together with the module Xperia Flip Settings the status bar can be modified to look and behave nearly like AOSP.

Also GravityBox has the option to use Expanded Desktop, i.e. hide the navigation bar.

Jep, Gravitybox is an excellent module but since the OP was only asking for an advanced power menu I figured to just point him to that direction.
But indeed, tons more functionality in gravitybox.

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
Actually u can do the following hot key combination without root: hold volume up + power button wthis will restart any Android device in the world or if u have root install advanced menu from xposed

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Actually u can do the following hot key combination without root: hold volume up + power button wthis will restart any Android device in the world or if u have root install advanced menu from xposed

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app

That forces the device to shut down. It is like pressing and holding the power button on a PC. The device doesn't do all the processes needed for a safe shutdown. So, yeah, just use that in case the device is stuck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

can anyone let me know.

thanks

james

Probably not.
    Root your tablet, install xposed framework and install advanced power menu module.
    Enable the module, reboot et voila...problem solved.

Happy holidays.
    if you are in 4.3 ... wait we can root our tablet z :p

Don't forgot we're on XDA, some bright dev will figure it out soon enough.
    They always do.