Mobogenie apk Auto downloading on websites

Search This thread

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Hahahahahahah omg I just spent a good 5 minutes laughing at this, I am so glad I'm not the only one who suffers with this crap every time I try and download something Hahahaha. My god some of these replies are so funny and I would love to see some of them come true. This thread made my day! :D F that POS mobogenie $#17!

HasH_BrowN

May 31, 2014
Leesburg
Here are 3 screenshots with permissions listed, there were 3 or 4 more perms on additional page, but pic got corrupted. I'm using the latest version of Play Permissions Xposed on Xposed Framework. This is the lite version of Mobogenie on Google PlayStore, so it would be scary to see the full versions perms.

Attachments

• 1409625393874.jpg
    1409625393874.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 1409625409932.jpg
    1409625409932.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 1409625428708.jpg
    1409625428708.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 87

abumy

Mar 18, 2014
Has anyone else noticed the Apus Launcher sickening the internet with mobogenie-like tactics. Trying to use a file sharing website and keep seeing Apus Launcher, Apus Launcher, Apus Launcher. Weird downloads and re-routing to their play store page.

An issue for anyone else?

I am surprised Google keeps these apps in the play store. They banned the Google L keyboard, which was sweet, but allow this crap!?

miguelrguez

Sep 14, 2014
Actually, you are wrong. Mobogenie is STILL in the Play Store. I just looked.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I've got what I call a craptablet. A couple weeks ago, I discovered I had mobogenie on my tablet along with a card game I also never downloaded and installed. The card game was uninstalled through normal means but mobogenie could neither be uninstalled nor disabled. This resulted in rooting my craptablet in hopes of getting rid of mobogenie.

In system/apps the file appeared as “wrap-mobogenie_123241048.apk”. Another file was “advModel_20015_0815.apk” or “advModel_20014.apk”. Deleting these was not a problem. However, on rebooting the tablet, they were back, as was the popup ad appearing as if from "facebook" for cars or such. Deleting them again, rebooting, same thing. Cannot actually get rid of the damn thing. It's as bad as or worse than a home page hijacker! And, yet, I'm not sure it's actually installed since if you click on it, an install windows opens and asks if you want to install it. I always cancel out.

Has anyone ever considered the possibility of a class-action lawsuit or filing complaints with FCC or other Federal agency? Perhaps this would get mobogenie to actually not only fix it but provide a method of permanently getting rid of it off your device.

It happens to me a few days ago, deleting "popupview.apk" fix the issue with the fake facebook notification.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Mobogenie is just an crappy app on the PC and android. They almost force users to Install it. I had like 50 Apks of mobogenie in my download folder... For the people who don't always have adblock like me always watch carefully what you install :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whenever I click on download button mobogenie starts downloading... Really irritated.. I think it should be banned :p

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    May have a solution

I got the prompt to download it today and i did this.. dont know if this will work for you or i just got lucky
    Open Chrome..
    go to settings
    -> content settings
    -> website settings
    -> a list of websites with specific website settings comes up
    ->tick off all the sites.
    That fixed the problem for me
    Still we should do this till we find even better ways.
    Lot of research and asking around on google plus and i find the solution..

1. Opt-out of interest-based ads (Google and Web): http://www.google.com/settings/ads
    2. Clear browsing data on all devices (cache and cookies).

If you no longer experience the popup a week from now, you can opt-in to the interest-based ads again.
    Have seen this myself. What REALLY bugs me is that it happens on Dev-Host. It's an On-Click, so the moment you click on the correct download button, which is hard enough as there are three or four download buttons, it does a popup and starts downloading Mobogenie INSTEAD of the file you were intending to download.

What makes it worse, is Dev-Host is used by MANY developers here on XDA, and I'm shocked and disappointed that they would associated with a malware pushing scumbag website like that here.