Tip us?

armyofsquirrels
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Question About Custom Rom Flashing

I am trying to Flash this custom Rom:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2343355

To my VZW SGS4, I can not find the MD5 file to use Odin. When I reboot into recovery its not showing the file, I've tried search youtube for help and read through a lot of the comments most say something about Safestrap? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm coming from the world of apple for the past 5 years so this is new to me. Odin has been a huge help by restoring the stock rom when I mess it up haha.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
What base are you. Unless you are mdk and loki'd....you can't flash....unless you are me7 or mi1 with safestrap....read the appropriate threads...

powered by hashcode safestrap hyperdrive 10.2
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

Mtsprite
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofsquirrels View Post
I am trying to Flash this custom Rom:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2343355

To my VZW SGS4, I can not find the MD5 file to use Odin. When I reboot into recovery its not showing the file, I've tried search youtube for help and read through a lot of the comments most say something about Safestrap? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm coming from the world of apple for the past 5 years so this is new to me. Odin has been a huge help by restoring the stock rom when I mess it up haha.
also are you using odin to flash roms, or are you using a custom recovery? (cause it sounds like your using odin to flash custom roms, witch is a no no)
Phone: Galaxy S3
Android Version: 4.4.2
Recovery: Philz Touch CWM
Current ROM: Liquid Smooth 3.0
Kernel: KT747
Baseband: ML1
The Following User Says Thank You to Mtsprite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

armyofsquirrels
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtsprite View Post
also are you using odin to flash roms, or are you using a custom recovery? (cause it sounds like your using odin to flash custom roms, witch is a no no)
as a base I'm ME7, I don't have a custom recovery that I know of? Why is it bad to use Odin to flash a custom rom?

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
as a base I'm ME7, I don't have a custom recovery that I know of? Why is it bad to use Odin to flash a custom rom?
ME7.... You need Safestrap. No custom recovery. Only 4.2 TW based ROMs. As far as Odin, I don't know why it's bad. I just know it doesn't work.
Research, research, research. You will save yourself a lot of headaches.

Sent from my NCC 1701 Using Tapatalk 4
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
odin is used to update phone base firmware...a custom recovery is used to flash roms....these threads are filled with those who either wouldn't research what they needed to know or ignored what many were trying to tell them
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94