Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] [q] noob question

how to install CWM? or a root a phone?

RyuBlade
Old
Thanks Meter 0
To install cwm recover you need to download a program called flash tool and then flash kernel via that which comes rooted and with cwm

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1558
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuBlade View Post
To install cwm recover you need to download a program called flash tool and then flash kernel via that which comes rooted and with cwm

Installing CWM depends on the device mate. The method you gave will not work on a Samsung device, right?

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieeel View Post
how to install CWM? or a root a phone?
Both depends on which device and what android version you are on.

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.

RyuBlade
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ah sorry sony uses flash tool but from memory i think you use Odin to root samsungs

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1558
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuBlade View Post
Ah sorry sony uses flash tool but from memory i think you use Odin to root samsungs

Yup, that's correct. Unless we know what device the OP owns, its best not to answer anything specific.

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.

rokvil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
With so little information, little can advise you, you can go to your cell forum and see that there will be different tutorials since according to the mobile will have to use software or other