5,593,248 Members 32,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help... MEID, BASEBAND version, etc unknown.

Tip us?

dd807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help... MEID, BASEBAND version, etc unknown.

I have a Galaxy Note 2 on the sprint network. Yesterday someone sent me a text and i tried to sent them a text back but my phone didn't have a signal. It reset itself a bunch of times. It stopped resetting and now there is no signal to the tower. I looked on my phone and Baseband version, network, mobile network type say unknown. service state is out of service, username is unavailable. mobile network state is disconnected, my phone number is unknown, min unknown, prl version unknown, meid unknown, imei unknown, iccid unknown. device status modified.

I rooted my phone when i first got it with the method that doesn't make your flash counter go up. I had super user installed and had the OTA survival mode checked and did the OTA update for multiwindow and then lost root. This wasn't a big deal to me so I just left it alone, everything worked. Its been a couple of months and then this happened. I reflashed a stock rom on the phone and that didn't fix anything. I rooted it with the Samsung Note 2 toolkit and that went well. But it somehow got stuck on the boot screen again after a while so i just reflashed to stock.

I downloaded QPST and entered my IMEI into the nv line 550 and clicked the write NV block and returned an error. Im stuck. I have insurance and I've only had the phone a couple of months. What the heck happened? Was it somekind of wipe? I have been working on this all day and I'm going to bed now, but can someone help me out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-11-03-34-57.jpg
Views:	3650
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1720008   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-11-03-35-27.jpg
Views:	4128
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1720009   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-11-03-35-45.jpg
Views:	3602
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1720010  

billard412
Old
Thanks Meter 1895

DONATE TO ME
I would not have been so quick to start messing with qpst.In most cases where ive seen this the imei and related numbers were fine and it was a system screw up. That said,This happened to me recently and even odin wouldnt fix it. I ran THIS and it brought me back so I would try that first.
The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dd807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billard412 View Post
I would not have been so quick to start messing with qpst.In most cases where ive seen this the imei and related numbers were fine and it was a system screw up. That said,This happened to me recently and even odin wouldnt fix it. I ran THIS and it brought me back so I would try that first.
thanks. I am downloading that now and will try it and let you know. I didn't want to start messing with qpst but i saw a tutorial that you can enter your imei back into your phone with it. i got my numbers off the box and went to work. but qpst would not write the values into my phone.

when i plug the usb into the phone a flag pops up in windows and says hardware id is missing as well.

dd807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i went to the link. i downloaded the file. it was a zip file so i put it on an sdcard and slapped it in my phone. i used the vol up, home key, and pwr key and then i used the update from zip file on external storage. it did some stuff and rebooted. i checked my flash counter and it went up and said i was running custom, custom.
i didn't see any instructions with your post that you linked and I probably didn't use that file the way it was supposed to be used. how exactly do you use it? and when i turned my phone on it still said baseband unknown.

thanks again for helping me with this.

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6663

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd807 View Post
i went to the link. i downloaded the file. it was a zip file so i put it on an sdcard and slapped it in my phone. i used the vol up, home key, and pwr key and then i used the update from zip file on external storage. it did some stuff and rebooted. i checked my flash counter and it went up and said i was running custom, custom.
i didn't see any instructions with your post that you linked and I probably didn't use that file the way it was supposed to be used. how exactly do you use it? and when i turned my phone on it still said baseband unknown.

thanks again for helping me with this.

Do you have Root Explorer? If baseband is showing unknown makes me wonder if build.prop is there and complete...?
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
The Following User Says Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billard412
Old
Thanks Meter 1895

DONATE TO ME
It needed flashed in a custom recovery. Did u use twrp or cwm to flash it? If so, you did it right. Is it only the baseband thats unknown or everything still? Did you try a ##72786# dialer code reset?
The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dd807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
Do you have Root Explorer? If baseband is showing unknown makes me wonder if build.prop is there and complete...?
I don't have root explorer on here right now because I was trying to return the phone back to stock for a return to the sprint store.
I used the stock rom that you download from the samsung note 2 tool kit. how do i check what your talking about?

dd807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It needed flashed in a custom recovery. Did u use twrp or cwm to flash it? If so, you did it right. Is it only the baseband thats unknown or everything still? Did you try a ##72786# dialer code reset?
everything is still unknown.
when i dial ##72786# it goes to a meny labeled SCRTN but is blank with no options.

at this point I used triangle away and flashed the stock rom on my phone, it keeps randomly resetting. in the setttings it still has baseband unknown. i did the ota update and the build number is JROO3C.L900VPALJC

under status, everything is unknown and at the botton it says device modified.
when i put it into download mode right now it says custum binary: no ; current binary: samsung official; system status: custom

this started when the phone just started resetting a bunch after my buddy texted me and then it didn't have service and all the values were wiped, i just want to take it back to sprint because ive only had it for a couple of months. will the above values be ok for a trip to the sprint store?

dd807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i didnt use twrp or cwm to flash it. just used the factory recovery to. i will use twrp to do it now. thanks man.

dd807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i think i have a corrupted EFS. can anyone help?