5,598,718 Members 36,910 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VRBMF1

Tip us?
 
phatreno
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NORTH PORT
Default VRBMF1

im looking for stock vrbmf1 tar file it seems like every link I find is down or doesn't work if anyone knows where I can get this Iwould appreciate it
thanks
 
harry_seaward
Old
#2  
harry_seaward's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 46
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatreno View Post
im looking for stock vrbmf1 tar file it seems like every link I find is down or doesn't work if anyone knows where I can get this Iwould appreciate it
thanks
Do you need a tar file? There's a Zip here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313
The Following User Says Thank You to harry_seaward For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
phatreno
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NORTH PORT
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_seaward View Post
Do you need a tar file? There's a Zip here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313
Thats firmware for modem im looking for full stock rom tar file
 
DiSiD
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 67
Join Date: Oct 2013
Is this what you're looking for?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw72...p=docslist_api
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
 
mirrin
Old
#5  
mirrin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 439
Join Date: Feb 2011
before you do anything is this for a phone on the 4.3 ota or a phone going to the ota?
keep in mind if it is on the ota this file will brick the phone. if your going to the ota keep in mind there is a dangerous root that can brick it and there is little to no hope for a boot loader unlock as this phone is almost 3 years old now and the ota is likely the last update it will receive from samsung so if you wish to go to 4.4 based roms that will be impossible if on the ota...
HTC Droid Incredible slcd (retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3 pebble blue
Rom: dandroid
kernel: Ktoonsez
Galaxy tab 3 7"
Rooted waiting for roms
Asus memo smart 10
Cromi-x 5.X.X
 
adobeman
Old
#6  
adobeman's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSiD View Post
Is this what you're looking for?

docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw72jmo42N6wRTB5cVNBejNzeEE/edit?usp=docslist_api
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
I have NOT taken the ota, nor do I want to, and am still on rooted 4.1.2 with CWM. SDM is frozen. The file you have linked is what I believe to be the easiest way for me to return to 4.1.2 stock via ODIN. All the older ODIN files would require taking OTAs to get back to 4.1.2 and even though I don't think VZW does skip OTAs I'd rather not be taking OTAs at all.

So am I correct in that this file is a one shot ODIN to get back to stock 4.1.2 directly? After which I'd root and still be "free" to do what I want with MY PHONE!!!
 
phatreno
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NORTH PORT
Default vrbmf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrin View Post
before you do anything is this for a phone on the 4.3 ota or a phone going to the ota?
keep in mind if it is on the ota this file will brick the phone. if your going to the ota keep in mind there is a dangerous root that can brick it and there is little to no hope for a boot loader unlock as this phone is almost 3 years old now and the ota is likely the last update it will receive from samsung so if you wish to go to 4.4 based roms that will be impossible if on the ota...
what I was looking todo was revert back to bone stock and take verizons ota getting ready to sell phone im on liquid 4.3 now just having issues finding vrbmf1 tar file ive got them off Dark Menace before but his server is down thought I saved the vrbmb1 cant find it now
 
phatreno
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NORTH PORT
Default vrbmf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSiD View Post
Is this what you're looking for?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw72...p=docslist_api
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
im looking for a tar file so I can use odin this file doesn't say how it should be flashed
thanks
 
SlimSnoopOS
Old
(Last edited by SlimSnoopOS; 24th December 2013 at 04:06 PM.)
#9  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1706
Posts: 5,000
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatreno View Post
im looking for a tar file so I can use odin this file doesn't say how it should be flashed
thanks
If you unzip the file, it should be at least a 1 GB tar (or tar.md5) that you flash in Odin.

Edit: It's compressed, that's why it's a zip. Usually stock image tar files, when compressed, are about 700-800 MB.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
 
mirrin
Old
#10  
mirrin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 439
Join Date: Feb 2011
If you go to the ota you will be giving up any custom ROMs possibly permanently I would recommend waiting for a custom version of the it's with Knox stripped out. The ota also seems to be buggy from what I read.

You are not liking liquid try hellfire 4.4.2 it is just as fast as the mf1 tw ROM and I have yet to find a bug or issue.
HTC Droid Incredible slcd (retired)
Samsung Galaxy S3 pebble blue
Rom: dandroid
kernel: Ktoonsez
Galaxy tab 3 7"
Rooted waiting for roms
Asus memo smart 10
Cromi-x 5.X.X

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes