XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant Connect to kies

Tip us?

KgTheraad1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Cant Connect to kies

anybody having trouble getting kies to detect the note 2 ? Mine seems not to recognize it ?

Sirrometan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KgTheraad1 View Post
anybody having trouble getting kies to detect the note 2 ? Mine seems not to recognize it ?
Same problem. Ive done everything (reinstall, USB debugging on/off, used the Unarchiver trick, etc) and it still doesnt recognize. There's also a problem with my network, it allows me to send texts but when people respond theyre sent to my Iphone 4s that I switched from. When I connect my Note it first says as installer and then goes to media device. And when it is installer a disc pops on on my desktop call My Verizon? I have a mac, 10.8 btw.

I also apologize if I am highjacking but I did not want to make another thread with essentially the same problems.

KgTheraad1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrometan View Post
Same problem. Ive done everything (reinstall, USB debugging on/off, used the Unarchiver trick, etc) and it still doesnt recognize. There's also a problem with my network, it allows me to send texts but when people respond theyre sent to my Iphone 4s that I switched from. When I connect my Note it first says as installer and then goes to media device. And when it is installer a disc pops on on my desktop call My Verizon? I have a mac, 10.8 btw.

I also apologize if I am highjacking but I did not want to make another thread with essentially the same problems.
Yea same thing is happening to me. I have a mac and Win7 and both are not detecting it. This is getting so frustrating.

adampa1006
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Cant get it connected to my computer either so stupid

Sirrometan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Extremely. And now my swiftkey swype on samsung keyboard is not working.

adampa1006
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Ok uninstall all samsung stuff you have. go to "device installation settings" in windows 7 and hit never install new drivers. Download the older 1.5.6 samsung drivers and it should work. I atleast got it to show up on my computer

mentalcase87
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adampa1006 View Post
Ok uninstall all samsung stuff you have. go to "device installation settings" in windows 7 and hit never install new drivers. Download the older 1.5.6 samsung drivers and it should work. I atleast got it to show up on my computer
Has anyone found any resolve to this yet?

Richardjrjr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Install Kies 3. After a while it will let you know that the connection failed. Leave the device connected and go to the menu bar and select tools, reinstall device drivers. It will reinstall and it should work fine from there.