5,600,725 Members 38,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T Galaxy S3 Texting Error (not receiving texts)

Tip us?

Not_Soup_But_Stew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] AT&T Galaxy S3 Texting Error (not receiving texts)

This has been an absolute head scratcher for me. I have a rooted T-Mobile Galaxy Note II running its stock 4.1.2 ROM (Eww, TouchWiz. I know). Whenever I text my mom through the stock messaging app, it looks like it went through on my end, but she does not receive the message. She's on an AT&T Galaxy S3 running stock 4.1.2 and also uses the default messaging app. I even get a delivery report on my end when I have the option enabled.

Here's where it gets interesting: she can send and receive texts fine to all her other contacts, and I can with mine as well. My girlfriend is on the same carrier and plan as me and has no issues texting my mom and I have no issues texting my dad who is on the same carrier and plan as my mom. There's something uniquely wrong with the way our two devices interact.

We have both rebooted our devices, cleared the app as well as system cache on both devices and deleted and re-added each other as contacts, all to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help I may receive and hopefully this will be resolved by Christmas so I don't have to resort to calling her!

azpatterson3
Old
Thanks Meter 120

DONATE TO ME
I am having the exact same problem with my wifes phone. We have a case open with att tech, got new sim cards on both phones, tried different phones, factory reset both phones. Did you find a solution? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
Gear 2 Neo Apps Please.

Not_Soup_But_Stew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpatterson3 View Post
I am having the exact same problem with my wifes phone. We have a case open with att tech, got new sim cards on both phones, tried different phones, factory reset both phones. Did you find a solution? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
I did figure it out. Samsung uses two separate utilities to filter numbers. One is for calls and is accessible under Call Settings (press the menu key with your dialer open).

The other is for texts and is accessible by pressing the menu key after opening the native messaging app. It is the last category, "Spam message settings". Look for your troublesome number there. Any number can be added to the reject list by long pressing on the contact's name in the messaging app so it's easy to see how that could accidentally happen.

In your wife's case, even a factory reset may not have worked if her settings are synced with Samsung and/or Google and restored after a reset. The rejected number would be carried over.