5,594,700 Members 33,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will this take my Note II back to what it was out-of-the-box?

Tip us?

klausef
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Will this take my Note II back to what it was out-of-the-box?

Over the past year the software on my Sprint Note 2 has become a hairy garbled mess. I don't think any part of the system is untainted:

• Nonstandard bootloader
  • Nonstandard recovery
  • Non-stock `rom' (not sure what part of the system
  • Flash counter is nonzero
  • Settings says the phone is modified
How do I get the software back to how it would be if I had bought the device new today?

I just downloaded the latest firmware for my phone from this site: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ Will flashing this zip file to my device via Odin work?

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 116
This is the stock 4.3 image for use in Odin http://www.mediafire.com/download/7v...4_HOME.tar.zip

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

m5james
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for the download link, but I've basically got the same goal in mind...I wanna make sure anything and everything is removed as if it's fresh from the box and be able to start from a clean slate before I reroot, install TrevE Mod so I can tether and then be back in business as before.

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 116
If you still want to used the dated WiFi tether third party app, then you want to stay on MC2. It won't work on MK4. If you've already gone to MK4 there's a thread out there that has the files to flash in recovery to go back to MC2.

BEFORE UPDATING TO MK4 I'd suggest using triangle away. Reset the flash counter, and then flash the MK4 firmware. This will give you the latest stock (knox) bootloader, latest stock recovery, and latest system.

m5james
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87 View Post
If you still want to used the dated WiFi tether third party app, then you want to stay on MC2. It won't work on MK4. If you've already gone to MK4 there's a thread out there that has the files to flash in recovery to go back to MC2.

BEFORE UPDATING TO MK4 I'd suggest using triangle away. Reset the flash counter, and then flash the MK4 firmware. This will give you the latest stock (knox) bootloader, latest stock recovery, and latest system.
What are you referring to as a dated Wifi tethering app? I was using TrevE Mod and it worked great. Is there another tethering app that is somehow better in terms of being faster or something?

I'm not worried about warranty, so what does Triangle Away do for me beyond warranty purposes? Does installing ROM's matter is I've got a count of 2 for example? Right now I'm on MC2, so why flash to MK4 just to flash back to MC2 again? Isn't KNOX a bad thing to have?

LordLugard
Old
(Last edited by LordLugard; 25th December 2013 at 03:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
What are you referring to as a dated Wifi tethering app? I was using TrevE Mod and it worked great. Is there another tethering app that is somehow better in terms of being faster or something?

I'm not worried about warranty, so what does Triangle Away do for me beyond warranty purposes? Does installing ROM's matter is I've got a count of 2 for example? Right now I'm on MC2, so why flash to MK4 just to flash back to MC2 again? Isn't KNOX a bad thing to have?
ecs87 probably assumed you were on MK4. If you're back on MC2 then no need to go to MK4 and back obviously.

If you already have a custom recovery, this should take you back to stock unrooted virginal state. It's what i always use. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086769
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2 (Current)