[Q] New Xperia Z tablet wireless connection to pc

Tip us?

jrmtl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New Xperia Z tablet wireless connection to pc

Hello all,

This is my first thread on this site as a new owner of an xperia Z tablet , I must say what a device

I have a question and I apologize if it's been answered already , how can I map the tablet to my PC wirelessly and transfer files?

Thx

Good Guy Mark
Old
Thanks Meter 7
You need something like airdroid but don't forget you have a quota

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Good Guy Mark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ngvuanh
Old
(Last edited by ngvuanh; 26th July 2013 at 09:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
1. Install SSHDroid. Run it and you will see your XTZ IP address.
2. Download and run WinSCP. Connect to IP address above with port number is 2222 as set by default in SSHDroid. You can navigate to your XTZ to transfer files back and forth.
Xperia TL LT30at - Rooted
Xperia Z C6606BK - 10.3.1.A.2.67 - Rooted
Xperia Tablet Z SGP311U1 - Rooted
Xperia Tablet S SGPT121
Tablet S SGPT111
The Following User Says Thank You to ngvuanh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrmtl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
great thx for the input !

will try the sshdroid process and report back

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 112
If rooted, you can also install "Samba Filesharing", a Samba server for Android.

When running, you can access the internal storage from any SMB/CIFS capable device in the network, also from other Android devices (just use e.g. ES File Explorer).

Cat McGowan
Old
Thanks Meter 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmtl View Post
Hello all, This is my first thread on this site as a new owner of an xperia Z tablet , I must say what a device I have a question and I apologize if it's been answered already , how can I map the tablet to my PC wirelessly and transfer files? Thx
If all you want to do is transfer media and document files, setup the tablet's Transferring files using Media transfer mode via Wi-Fi feature. Using this feature will cause the tablet to be displayed in Windows Explorer as Xperia Tablet Z and will provide access to the tablet's internal and external storage. Read starting at page 92 of the Xperia Tablet Z User Guide to learn how to setup the Transferring files using Media transfer mode via Wi-Fi feature.
Xperia Tablet Z (SGP312U1/B) with Android 4.2.2 build 10.3.1.C.0.136 Rooted
Sony Tablet S (SGPT112US/S) with Android 4.0.3r5a build TISU0013410 Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat McGowan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrmtl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Works like a charm ! thx again

babylonbwoy
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmtl View Post
Hello all,

This is my first thread on this site as a new owner of an xperia Z tablet , I must say what a device

I have a question and I apologize if it's been answered already , how can I map the tablet to my PC wirelessly and transfer files?

Thx
You can also use PCC to connect wirelessly, sometimes for mobile it doesn't work, appaired my tablet yesterday, works like a charm even with Media Go transfert.
Xperia Z1 Black (C6903) / All Stock (.534)
Xperia Tablet Z Black (SGP311FR) / All Stock (.136)
Sony Xperia Z White (C6603) / All Stock (.244)
Sony Xperia T Black (LT30p) / All Stock (.141)
QX10 / DK31 / DK26 / SRS-BTV5 / SBH50 / IM750 / SGPDS5 / SGPCS5 / MN800 / SmartTag NT2
Exclusively Sony User Since t68i

mincadur
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wi-Fi connectvity

Thank you all. This helped me configure my device and transfer files wirelesly. Greetings