5,605,438 Members 43,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Simple Root for Unlocked Bootloaders (SGP311/312)

Tip us?

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 10599
Default Simple Root for Unlocked Bootloaders (SGP311/312)

It was clear that rooting some Sony devices was not as easy as it should be. This is for unlocked bootloader users, who want to quickly root a stock ROM by flashing a rooted boot.img. It is for the POLLUX_WINDY (ie. the SGP311/312) devices ONLY.

Do not install this on the Pollux (tablet Z with LTE), or it will no longer boot - use flashtool to fix it

There may have been some in the past, but these tend to be full of other "tweaks", like hideous amateur boot logos, and stupid changes like setting ro.secure=0. That's a bad idea, it can break things, and frankly, I know from experience of myself and others that there is a need for a FAST way to root your unlocked device after flashing a new ROM, rather than messing around with downgrading and OTAs.

This will NOT work on locked bootloader, but this is not intended for them. This doesn't include 9001 different recoveries either, like some "kernels" do. This is the stock kernel, with root added, and nothing stupid added.

There is one security improvement made - ro.adb.secure has been set to 1. This is an important security feature, please don't complain about it. If you don't use ADB, you'll never see it, and it won't change anything. If you use adb, it will offer you greater security on 4.2+ stock Sony ROMs, which don't have this feature enabled. You will be prompted to accept the computer connection on the phone, just like in "AOSP" Android 4.2 and above.

The downloads are available above, in the "Downloads" tab. If you have a particular version you wish to request, simply post the kernel.sin. I have made this for only the SGP311/312 (Pollux_Windy) Tablet Z phone images right now, but will consider expanding it for other devices if there is demand and people who can test.

Enjoy simple root, without the nonsense. None of the "don't mirror my files" crap. None of the "please give me donations", none of the "omg credit me as the best person ever". Feel free to share, use, re-use, mirror, enjoy. And I think you'll find that these files are rather helpful for the unlocked bootloader root community :) I've been thinking about making them for months, but it seems that nobody has ever bothered to.

Click here to download

XDA:DevDB Information
Simple Root for Unlocked Bootloaders (SGP311/312), a Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
pulser_g2, Chainfire

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1.C.0.136
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-14

Created 2013-09-14
Last Updated 2013-09-14
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epcwong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, do you mean this root method doesn't work for the Tablet Z Lte model? Is there any way to get a method which can root the Lte version ? Thanks !

zacthespack
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1690

DONATE TO ME
Omg @pulser_g2 you is best person ever... But seriously thanks man

Sent from my SGP312 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Code:
question = 2*b || !(2*b)
"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Code:
class Luke extends Jedi {
    function checkFather($father) {
        if ($father-]name == 'Darth Vader')
            die('NOOOOO!!');
    }
}

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 10599
Quote:
Originally Posted by epcwong View Post
Hi, do you mean this root method doesn't work for the Tablet Z Lte model? Is there any way to get a method which can root the Lte version ? Thanks !
Correct.

But, since I feel generous, if you upload me the kernel.sin file from your LTE model, I will make a rooted boot.img for it. You can attach them to a post here if you like - just the kernel.sin. Please name them per the stock ROM version, so I can label it correctly.

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4
The Following User Says Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epcwong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2 View Post
Correct.

But, since I feel generous, if you upload me the kernel.sin file from your LTE model, I will make a rooted boot.img for it. You can attach them to a post here if you like - just the kernel.sin. Please name them per the stock ROM version, so I can label it correctly.

Hi there, thanks for your reply. What do you mean by the kernel.sin file from my LTE model (mine is the HK version) ? I have taken a photo shot regarding my pad's rom and kernel version details for your reference as attached. If there is not the information that you need, please tell me how to get the "kernel.sin" file from my pad ! Thanks again for your kindness !

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130930_201750.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	2292738

MightyBear007
Old
Thanks Meter 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2 View Post
Correct.

i will upload the kernel.sin from the FTFs
is that okay for you?
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyBear007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epcwong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, thank you so much ! I'll appreciate that !

MightyBear007
Old
Thanks Meter 581
@pulser_g2

Here ya go
kernel.sin from 4.2.2 FTF

Google Drive
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyBear007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epcwong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much !!!

epcwong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by epcwong View Post
Hi there, thanks for your reply. What do you mean by the kernel.sin file from my LTE model (mine is the HK version) ? I have taken a photo shot regarding my pad's rom and kernel version details for your reference as attached. If there is not the information that you need, please tell me how to get the "kernel.sin" file from my pad ! Thanks again for your kindness !

Attachment 2292738
Hi, here attached with the kernel.sin file for you. The Rom version is 10.3.1A.0.244. Thank you so much for your kindly attention for this matter !

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Sorry I can't upload the kernel.sin file becuase it was said " invalid file ", Sorry about this !

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Sorry I can't upload the kernel.sin file becuase it was said " invalid file ", Sorry about this !