5,600,984 Members 43,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What actually android wipedata/reset means ?

Tip us?

sareeshmnair
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy [Q] What actually android wipedata/reset means ?

I am really confused with this. What actually android wipedata/reset means ?. Is there any problem if i select wipe data factory reset...? if i select this option, is there any chance of losing my internal memory datas like messages, contacts, etc ?

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareeshmnair View Post
I am really confused with this. What actually android wipedata/reset means ?. Is there any problem if i select wipe data factory reset...? if i select this option, is there any chance of losing my internal memory datas like messages, contacts, etc ?
The wipe data and factory reset option will wipe the /data partition which includes application data, any apps you've downloaded, pictures, music, messages, and contacts that are not stored on your sd-card. In addition to wiping the /data partition it also wipes the /cache partition which mostly contains your apps temporary files, and other system related temporary files. Your contacts can be backed up to your Google account, messages can be backed up with SMS Backup +, and for your other data I would recommend taking a look at My Backup it doesn't require root, if you are rooted Titanium Backup is a very handy tool for backing up your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meshalSM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy help me as you can please

My phone it doesn't work already and and i don't want to lose any of my data because its really important to me and i didn't do the back up before …..what can i do ? …… pleas help me

gohel.vishal
Old
Thanks Meter 1251
Location: /universe/galaxy/Solar System/Earth/Asia/India/Gujarat/Rajkot

DONATE TO ME
Default problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshalSM View Post
My phone it doesn't work already and and i don't want to lose any of my data because its really important to me and i didn't do the back up before …..what can i do ? …… pleas help me
problem???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device:Galaxy S Duos(GT-S7562) ,Xolo Q1010
ROM :CyanogenMod 11
Know Your Galaxy S Duos : http://cmforsduos.blogspot.com

meshalSM
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohel.vishal View Post
problem???
i have the cyanogen room and it was working well…and then,they create a new update for the room…when I'm install it .. the playstore it doesn't work anymore .. so i tried to return to the old version by the sitting > about the phone … when i did it .. the phone restart it self and sticking in the welcome screen for the cyanogenMod…and i don't have any back up before…and i have a lot important emails and numbers that i don't want to lose it what ever it happens…..please help me with this brother

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshalSM View Post
i have the cyanogen room and it was working well…and then,they create a new update for the room…when I'm install it .. the playstore it doesn't work anymore .. so i tried to return to the old version by the sitting > about the phone … when i did it .. the phone restart it self and sticking in the welcome screen for the cyanogenMod…and i don't have any back up before…and i have a lot important emails and numbers that i don't want to lose it what ever it happens…..please help me with this brother
Just to clarify do you mean it's gets stuck on the Cyanogenmod Bootanimation or the Setup Wizard welcome screen when you first setup the phone after wiping it or installing a new ROM? Do you have adb debugging enabled (Under Developer Options in System Settings)? Because if you do then you can use that to pull files from your device. Otherwise what you try doing is booting into recovery and trying ADB through recovery to see if you can access it that way, another suggestion would be in recovery mode to do a NANDROID backup of your current setup and then transfer the backup to your computer, extract the userdata.img from the NANDROID backup, and then use Linux to view the content of the userdata.img file (This would be a decent place to start). Otherwise I'm afraid you may be out of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]