5,598,086 Members 42,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on boot! Any Help?

Tip us?

ImBarone
Old
(Last edited by ImBarone; 24th December 2013 at 11:19 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on boot! Any Help?

Would anybody be able to provide any insight on how i could fix my s3 that appears to be stuck on boot? i received my warranty fixed device from samsung today and upon rerooting it, i forgot to unlock the bootloader i then went to the "Verizon has detected unauthorized software" screen. After which, I followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1840030 hoping to get back to stock. But after following these directions, the phone boots to a Samsung custom (Unlocked) screen and then it goes to the galaxy s3 boot screen and remains there, if anybody could provide any assistance, that would be awesome. I'd just hate to get laughed at if i bring it into a verizon store. thanks and happy holidays.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
Boot into recovery and do a factory reset.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

ImBarone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
Boot into recovery and do a factory reset.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
I've tried that a few times already. No luck thus far

jlyle
Old
Thanks Meter 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBarone View Post
Would anybody be able to provide any insight on how i could fix my s3 that appears to be stuck on boot? i received my warranty fixed device from samsung today and upon rerooting it, i forgot to unlock the bootloader i then went to the "Verizon has detected unauthorized software" screen. After which, I followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1840030 hoping to get back to stock. But after following these directions, the phone boots to a Samsung custom (Unlocked) screen and then it goes to the galaxy s3 boot screen and remains there, if anybody could provide any assistance, that would be awesome. I'd just hate to get laughed at if i bring it into a verizon store. thanks and happy holidays.
What baseband are you on ?
The Following User Says Thank You to jlyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ImBarone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyle View Post
What baseband are you on ?
i was on vrbmf1 when i got it back but ive been trying to flash back to the stock to hopefully get out of the "unauthorized software" screen. when i tried to wipe system and data and then restart from the stock recovery menu, i got an error message saying that the directory /system didnt exist, yet ive tried flashing back to stock twice and both processes finished through odin

jlyle
Old
Thanks Meter 635
Quote:
i was on vrbmf1 when i got it back but ive been trying to flash back to the stock to hopefully get out of the "unauthorized software" screen. when i tried to wipe system and data and then restart from the stock recovery menu, i got an error message saying that the directory /system didnt exist, yet ive tried flashing back to stock twice and both processes finished through odin
Are you 100% sure you was on MF1 and Verizon did not ship it to you with 4.3.
If you was on MF1 Odin should flash fine and resolve any issues. If you was on 4.3 than you have issues if you ran Odin
The Following User Says Thank You to jlyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ImBarone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyle View Post
Are you 100% sure you was on MF1 and Verizon did not ship it to you with 4.3.
If you was on MF1 Odin should flash fine and resolve any issues. If you was on 4.3 than you have issues if you ran Odin
1000% sure that it was 4.1.2 and MF1 because it was trying to push an OTA update that i kept canceling. should i attempt reflashing through odin again? and if so could you link me to something specifically i should flash and possibly some instructions because ive been without a phone for 2 weeks and wouldnt like to wait til october for another one....
thanks

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4029
Quote:
If it was fixed or replaced by Samsung they usually update to newest software before returning it. If it was on 4.3 and you tried to unlock it is now bricked beyond our ability to repair at this time.Can't unlock, flash custom recovery or downgrade to 4.1.2 or lower or it will brick. If was on 4.1.2 just need to Odin stock tar.If it hangs then a Factory reset in stock recovery will usually fix it. Need more info on what build you were actually on when started.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535
The Following User Says Thank You to prdog1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ImBarone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1 View Post
If it was fixed or replaced by Samsung they usually update to newest software before returning it. If it was on 4.3 and you tried to unlock it is now bricked beyond our ability to repair at this time.Can't unlock, flash custom recovery or downgrade to 4.1.2 or lower or it will brick. If was on 4.1.2 just need to Odin stock tar.If it hangs then a Factory reset in stock recovery will usually fix it. Need more info on what build you were actually on when started.
im completely sure it was NOT 4.3 though. it flashed fine when i ran this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2046439 i just forgot to flash the bootloader unlock through recovery so then i tried reflashing stock and now im here. and where could you point me in the direction of a stock tar and some instructions because ive been using the ones on the original thread i linked with no luck

prdog1
Old
(Last edited by prdog1; 25th December 2013 at 12:35 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4029
Remove .tar from zip and flash in Odin. If was on MF! it should fix with no more than a factory reset in stock recovery. Then run Beans casual to reroot and unlock.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2332825
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535

The Following User Says Thank You to prdog1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]