A few questions about rooting this device
I have been researching the different rooting methods lately since this might be the longest I've ever gone without root a device. I plan on keeping the stock rom since I use wifi calling on several occasions. What I really want is to customize the device using Xposed and wanam. So, on to questions.
1) Which root method do you recommend? I have looked into CF Auto Root and Root de la Vega. I don't particularly care about my Knox warranty or the ability to use Knox since it is basically bloatware to me. Does Root de la Vega wipe the entire device or not (I have read conflicting reports about this.)
2) I had intended to use root to access the old standby wifi tether however that doesn't seem to be an option anymore. (Unless anybody has a fix for it)
3) What all can be done with the Xposed framework and Wanam? I always used custom roms on my old T-Mobile GS2 and never got into any of this.
4) I do have several Square-Enix games installed and I have read that Xposed breaks them. Is the only workaround still to disable all of Xposed to play your game? Also, after disabling Xposed will I have to reset all the customizations I had made every time? Seems like that would be a lot of hassle.
5) Anything else I might be overlooking?
Thanks in advance for any replies. Just looking for a little help in deciding on whether or not to root this device since I have no intention (at this time) of flashing any roms and it wont allow me to tether.
Phone: Samsung SM-N900T Note 3
ROM: Stock Rooted
Radio: T-Mobile UBMI7
Tablet : Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM: Stock (at the moment)
Phone: Samsung GS2 T989
ROM: CM10 Stable
Radio: T989 UVLH1
Kernel: CM 3.0.49
Mytouch 3g Slide