XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked or Power issuel ?

Tip us?

JamesTrix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Bricked or Power issuel ?

I have a AT&T HTC One that I rooted about 4 months ago and it has been working pretty well, Over the last week I noticed it was not holding the charge as much (It might have been a new app I had recently installed but never got round to proving that)

Yesterday the phone told me I have 2% charge left and I did not plug it in faster enough and it shut down on me..

Now when I try and plug a charger in I do not get the red charging light, The trick of holding down the volume and power button also does not work. I had it on charge all last night but no change this morning

When I plug it in to my laptop I get the "QHSUSB_DLOAD" driver question.

I am not sure if its bricked or if its a power issue. AT&T said they will send me out a new one but as my phone is rooted do you know if they would charge me the $500 for a new phone ?

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesTrix View Post
I have a AT&T HTC One that I rooted about 4 months ago and it has been working pretty well, Over the last week I noticed it was not holding the charge as much (It might have been a new app I had recently installed but never got round to proving that)

Yesterday the phone told me I have 2% charge left and I did not plug it in faster enough and it shut down on me..

Now when I try and plug a charger in I do not get the red charging light, The trick of holding down the volume and power button also does not work. I had it on charge all last night but no change this morning

When I plug it in to my laptop I get the "QHSUSB_DLOAD" driver question.

I am not sure if its bricked or if its a power issue. AT&T said they will send me out a new one but as my phone is rooted do you know if they would charge me the $500 for a new phone ?
your good thats a hard brick no way to tell you are rooted

JamesTrix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
your good thats a hard brick no way to tell you are rooted
Any way to recover ? Only thing I wished I had backed up is the pictures

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesTrix View Post
Any way to recover ? Only thing I wished I had backed up is the pictures
do a search for jtag but i believe that wipes the phone

JamesTrix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
A jtag cable would need to connect to the circuit board rather than the USB port ?.

I read a few things about booting from a live linux cd not sure if that's an option so looking for some more pointers rather than going in blind

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 488
You can't do jtag yourself you have to send the phone to a shop for that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk