5,596,354 Members 38,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to lock the ringtone volume to one level?

Tip us?

brauckmiller
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any way to lock the ringtone volume to one level?

I recently migrated from the iPhone 4S to the N3.

So far, I'm liking most of the features.

However, the one thing that does bother me is that the ringtone volume is directly tied to the media level.

Is there anyway to isolate the ringtone volume so that when I increase/decrease the system volume via the rocker, the ringtone volume remains constant? Starting in iOS 6, this was allowed on the iphone. Please don't tell me that this is something ONLY iPhone can do.

Thanks in advance.

archie87
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brauckmiller View Post

However, the one thing that does bother me is that the ringtone volume is directly tied to the media level.

Is there anyway to isolate the ringtone volume so that when I increase/decrease the system volume via the rocker, the ringtone volume remains constant? Starting in iOS 6, this was allowed on the iphone. Please don't tell me that this is something ONLY iPhone can do.

Thanks in advance.
When you press the volume up or down key, tap the settings key right next to the pop-up and it will show the other volume levels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-24 19.29.35.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	2473388  

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by brauckmiller View Post

Thanks in advance.
Not sure your software version, but my volume button controls only the ringer unless a game or some other form of media is running, then it controls that media but not the ringer. The only time I notice it affecting the ringer is if in the case of a game and I try to adjust before the game is fully loaded. If you watch you see a phone icon or a speaker on the slider. If you try to adjust for media too soon you will notice the slider is still showing the phone instead of the speaker for media.