XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Terrible Battery Life

Tip us?

dinjo_jo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Terrible Battery Life

Coming from Playbook and old user of SGS the battery life is not good at all down 40% with 2.3 hours of internet any thoughts or is it 4.4.2 ?

Custom kernel ?

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 39
What does Battery Use say? You might have something else running.

You wouldn't happen to be viewing Flash, would you? I tried that once on CBS' site, and the resulting software rendering was a huge battery drain.

dinjo_jo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Are those Battery Saving Apps worth or just another drainer ? Don't see anything drastic in usage as its used by OS.

neo5468
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Check this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2381370

A lot of people (including me) are very satisfied with battery performance. Just so you know, you need a few charges to get a full potential from the battery.

Meltdown07
Old
(Last edited by Meltdown07; 19th December 2013 at 08:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinjo_jo View Post
Coming from Playbook and old user of SGS the battery life is not good at all down 40% with 2.3 hours of internet any thoughts or is it 4.4.2 ?

Custom kernel ?
I've had some issues since 4.4.2 too, and I'm no newbie to Android. I was disabling location in the quick settings and found that whenever I did that Google Search would keep the phone from sleeping. Please update with anything you find is causing your battery problem. As mentioned, these devices can give good battery life!
The Following User Says Thank You to Meltdown07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GTCC
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I don't play games on mine but I get between 10 and 13 hours screen on time every charge. Most of my time is on the internet with 3 emails syncing every 30 minutes and WiFi on all the time. I charge it every second night.

unibomber
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Rooting and installing a new custom ROM will help with battery life. I noticed on 4.3, the media server bug was present. I had to disable the media server scan. That helped a ton with battery. For 4.4.2 i use purity ROM. In on 2 days one charge with 49% left. You need to charge the battery a few times also as mentioned

dinjo_jo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by unibomber View Post
Rooting and installing a new custom ROM will help with battery life. I noticed on 4.3, the media server bug was present. I had to disable the media server scan. That helped a ton with battery. For 4.4.2 i use purity ROM. In on 2 days one charge with 49% left. You need to charge the battery a few times also as mentioned

Any recommended ROM or Kernel ?

unibomber
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I use purity ROM 4.4.2 with faux 11u kernel

abhayy
Old
Thanks Meter 69
i dont know about you guys, but i found the best performance on stock 4.3
Devices

[LEFT]Nexus 7 2013 32Gb/LEFT]
Samsung Galaxy SII T989D