[Q] Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 freezes on all ROMs

Tip us?

hiphopshaker69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 freezes on all ROMs

Hi there,

My Galaxy Note II freezes up on all the ROMs that I've tried. (CM, and other ROMs)

This problem started yesterday when I rooted my phone using the Note 2 toolkit.

Even after flashing back the stock 4.1.2 UK version of the ROM, the problem is still there.

Honestly I've tried everything to sort this out but it randomly freezes (sometimes even after a fresh wipe of a ROM installation)

If I reset the custom binary counter and reset it back to the original ROM again, will my warranty be still there?

Cheers

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2857
Could be hardware.
Yeah to last question.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21106

DONATE TO ME
Once try using device without ext sd card if you having it.
If still it freeze without sd card, it may hardware issue. Better to send to service station.
If your fladh binary is 'no' in download mode, then your warranty is intact

For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

No PM for tech support. All XDA members are my friends so ignoring all incoming friends requests.

Mohammed779
Old
Thanks Meter 152

DONATE TO ME
I had a different problem, all apps gets removed after a normal reboot..

So I solved it by installing TWRP recovery then went to wipe.. And clicked all the 8 buttons there .. And now it's working fine.. You may try it that.. It might help..

For the warranty, I have no idea about the warranties thing..

Sent from my GT-N7100

kiliz3000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a similar issue. I rooted my N7100 shortly after getting it xmas 2012 and flashed OMEGA rom (maybe v10). All worked flawlessly until maybe May 2013 then phone started freezing intermittently and frequently. I'm now running Liquidsmooth 2.8, flashed on July 1st after doing a complete wipe (data/cache/Dalvik) and doing a clean install of system apps. The phone still freezes, now even more than before....tried reflashing but no luck. Also tried Moon Rom v8 (kept getting boot loop) and ParanoidAndroid (gapps would flash successfully, but wouldn't show up once after reboot).

Any idea what's causing this?

mariostar32
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Did u try to format the internal sdcard completely ?

itsjustbilly
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I too had this problem, I was getting all sorts of problems, reboots, errors, failed flashes, even after doing all the wipes and trying different roms, the only way I could fix it was to flash a stock room through odin with a pit file to reset the partition table, worked a charm after.

Might be totally unrelated but though I'd share

The Following User Says Thank You to itsjustbilly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiliz3000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariostar32 View Post
Did u try to format the internal sdcard completely ?
Not yet...has doing this resolved the issue for you in the past? I removed my external sdcard yesterday shortly after posting this and phone definitely improved (still not resolved tho). I use to get ~10 freezes a day, but only got 1 so far after removing ext sdcard. I'm planning on experimenting wit this for another day or so before deciding on additional steps

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustbilly View Post
I too had this problem, I was getting all sorts of problems, reboots, errors, failed flashes, even after doing all the wipes and trying different roms, the only way I could fix it was to flash a stock room through odin with a pit file to reset the partition table, worked a charm after.

I may have 2 try this if all else fails...thanks for sharing

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mariostar32
Old
Thanks Meter 10
It might be a probelm with ext. sdcard try to use another sdcard.

kiliz3000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I spoke too soon. The improvement was short lived. Since my last post, the phone has hang 7 tyms! Thsi is still with no ext SDcard. Details:

10:34am...froze while reading an e-mail on e-mail app. rebooted itself at 10:55 (20 mins l8r)

11:50am..froze for abt 10 mins. unfroze while in my pocket as txt msgs were coming in

1:25pm... froze after opening google chrome. unfroze 1:31pm and phone went to sleep (got "Chrome stopped responding" msg)

1:40p...froze after opening plume twitter app til 1:53 when phone went to sleep, opened it and plume was working fine.

1:54pm Froze again while in plume....2:03p, phone went to sleep...seems lyk the buttons are responsive but screen is dark. Unfroze
@ 2:07pm with "plume not responding" msg and clock stuck @ 1:55

Froze 2:10p after opening facebook app....

Tired of monitoring this...imma have to try something else. Might do waht itsjustbilly did

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustbilly View Post

Did you go back to custom rom after the fix? If so did u a fresh install or restore with recovery tool?

Tags
custom rom, freezes on booting, freezes randomly, note 2, warranty