5,600,182 Members 38,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with space running out. And no large files present

Tip us?

krankdroid
Old
(Last edited by krankdroid; 3rd September 2013 at 07:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Problem with space running out. And no large files present

i have not had any internal memory issues since my HTC Desire Z some years ago. And now with my Note 2, 16 GB i am suddenly only on 500 MB left. I have around 140 apps all in all, non of them games with large downloads. i have cleared out everything in goomanager, DCIM, now using the external SD card for photos and videos. Cleared out downloads, looked through every folder and i can't find any single files above 100 MB really. Even the Android/data folder only takes up 250 MB.

i have noticed something that puzzles me a bit. That the internal storage comes up as /storage/emulated/0/ and not /sdcard/

When navigating to /sdcard/ in a file explorer with root access. The same files i find in /storage/emulated/0/ is present.

From the root of my Note 2. i can navigate to the same internal memory directory in the following paths:

mnt/sdcard/

mnt/shell/emulated/

sdcard/

storage/emulated/o/

storage/emulated/legacy/

storage/sdcard/

Do i have several copies of the same internal memory or what ?

If no one has a good idea about why this non existing data can be found and dealt with, what would be the best way to completely wipe the device?

----------------------------------------

koalauk
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Check

Settings ... storage. ... miscellaneous files look out for cloud image files. In my case I run in to same issue where I found cloud images were taking about 4gb of space....

Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
HTC Blueangel 6.5.5 Dtwo
HTC HD Blackstone
and ZTE Blade by the morning
HTC Desire HD
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

krankdroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalauk View Post
Check

Settings ... storage. ... miscellaneous files look out for cloud image files. In my case I run in to same issue where I found cloud images were taking about 4gb of space....

Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

thanks.

i ended up formatting the internal SD card through CWM, and then flashing a ROM.

Now i have 8 GB free with the same apps installed. That's more like it.

i think that a MIUI ROM created a mirrored emulated storage space that ended up doubling the amount used of internal memory
----------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to krankdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Adjetey Boye
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Clean Data folder

Download ES Explorer

and go into the /data/media folder.
the troublesome files are there. For myself I had old remnants from another ROM and the entire rom zip file.
Don't forget the thanx button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adjetey Boye For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]