5,596,784 Members 48,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] How to Backup and Restore IMEIs in Canvas HD

Tip us?

nice_guy75
Old
(Last edited by nice_guy75; 16th November 2013 at 01:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Default [Tutorial] How to Backup and Restore IMEIs in Canvas HD

Ok I have found out entirely new way of restoring backed up IMEIs.

Many members think that MobileUncle Tool can backup and restore your IMEIs but you are mistaken friends, I have already tried, it does backup your IMEIs but doesn't restore the IMEIs.

If you are rooted then its better to backup your IMEIs as we all root to experiment with our device. Most of the advance member must be knowing the location of IMEIs in MTK devices, its in Data>NVRAM>md>NVRAM>NVD_IMEI, so just to be on safer side just copy entire NVD_IMEI folder on a safe place in SD card or in your computer. If you don't have backup of your IMEIs but do have backup of your ROM, then you can extract your NVRAM folder from backup as well. Just open the data.ext4.tar.a in 7zip and extract the NVRAM folder from there.
Though IMEIs can be written via Engineering Mode but sometimes it doesn't work without formatting the entire device. And formatting erases all the MAC IDs and then you have to use SN_Station to write your MAC IDs, and using SN_Station is really very painful.

So first try Engineering Mode, if it doesn't work then you are actually in trouble, now you have to write your IMEIs using one or the other IMEI writing application, but in this method you don't require any app apart from SP Flash tool.

Here is the method that too in just two lines.
1. Overwrite your backed up NVD_IMEI folder @ data>NVRAM>md>NVRAM folder, you might have to change the permissions in root browser, I prefer ES File Explorer.
2. Once you paste that folder successfully just flash your ROM normally using SP flash tool. Reboot your device and you would get your IMEIs back.

Enjoy.....................
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nice_guy75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devil.chin2
Old
Thanks Meter 12
This works dude.... I have tried it.. Thanks a tonne

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to devil.chin2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abhishekjain.ims
Old
Thanks Meter 10
in which rom i have to paste nvram folder..in my current rom in which i m having imei issue or which rom i have flash via sptool..plz elaborate
TalentsFromIndia - An Android Application Development Company

Hit THANKS if I helped you anyway

nice_guy75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjain.ims View Post
in which rom i have to paste nvram folder..in my current rom in which i m having imei issue or which rom i have flash via sptool..plz elaborate
First you have to overwrite the NVD_IMEI folder and then flash the stock ROM using SP Flash tool, your would get the IMEIs back.

sisuke
Old
(Last edited by sisuke; 3rd January 2014 at 09:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_guy75 View Post
First you have to overwrite the NVD_IMEI folder and then flash the stock ROM using SP Flash tool, your would get the IMEIs back.
i do it but the IMEIs not back

mt6572

raman_
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi
Can anyone explain me how to extract the baseband and imei files from the backup file (done through stock recovery backup data).

Thanks

nice_guy75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raman_ View Post
Hi
Can anyone explain me how to extract the baseband and imei files from the backup file (done through stock recovery backup data).

Thanks
Though I have not tried to backup my ROM using Stock recovery but you can try opening the backup file using 7zip, I did manage to extract IMEIs from my CWM and TWRP backup using 7zip.

BhatiaPulkit
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks. Working for me as well on my Canvas A116..

xero12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks

napskin16
Old
Thanks Meter 5
How about dont recognizing sim 2 sir. My phone is rebranded a919i dou from canvass hd. After I flashed custom rom it doesn't recognize my second sim but if I will look in settings/imei information. Sim2 has imei written on it but dont have signal. Any fix for this sir?