XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device not registering USB when in ODIN mode

Tip us?

kosherham51
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Device not registering USB when in ODIN mode

Kind of at my wits end here. Phone is rooted and running Slim ROM. Wanted to put it back to stock. All current recommended procedures use ODIN. I have installed the USB drivers independently and through latest version of KIES but phone is not recognized when I plug it in and no USB registration tones are heard.

If I plug into USB with device off, it registers. If I plug in with device on, it registers. If I plug in in ODIN mode - nothing!

Any idea what might be causing this? Alternatively, how to put back to stock without ODIN? Thanks in advance

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13838
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosherham51 View Post
Kind of at my wits end here. Phone is rooted and running Slim ROM. Wanted to put it back to stock. All current recommended procedures use ODIN. I have installed the USB drivers independently and through latest version of KIES but phone is not recognized when I plug it in and no USB registration tones are heard.

If I plug into USB with device off, it registers. If I plug in with device on, it registers. If I plug in in ODIN mode - nothing!

Any idea what might be causing this? Alternatively, how to put back to stock without ODIN? Thanks in advance
You have Kies AND drivers installed? You should only install the drivers without Kies if that is the case as the driver suite and Kies will conflict.
Have you tried another pc and/or usb cable?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

The other choice is to use mobile odin to flash the rom from external SD if you can mount external storage and copy over the file.
Or you can flash a regular flashable zip of the rom if you can get the phone to flash to the appropriate kernel first.

kosherham51
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Believe I only have one set of drivers installed. Was just trying alternate drivers to get it working, Yes, tried other computers/cables to no avail. Was able to flash using Mobile ODIN but still puzzled why USB/ODIN not working. Didn't think the USB port could malfunction that selectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham View Post
You have Kies AND drivers installed? You should only install the drivers without Kies if that is the case as the driver suite and Kies will conflict.
Have you tried another pc and/or usb cable?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

The other choice is to use mobile odin to flash the rom from external SD if you can mount external storage and copy over the file.
Or you can flash a regular flashable zip of the rom if you can get the phone to flash to the appropriate kernel first.