5,605,766 Members 48,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The famous touch screen issue!

Tip us?

E!ch0
Old
(Last edited by E!ch0; 25th December 2013 at 11:49 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default The famous touch screen issue!

Hi

My previous phone just broke and i pllaned to get a new one..

So i was searching in some sites and found the xZ1.. immadietly i ran to the store and when i arrived the seller told me that the device is out of stock..,

So i went home and looked on xda to see some reviews and comments about the device

And i found few interesting problems:

1. Touch Screen issue (The screen dont reconize touch)
2. Yellow hue problem (sord of yellow tint on the screen)
3.Bad WiFi reception

So i decided i will test the device infront of the seller and see if the phone is clear of all probs,

Pls tell me if someone from all owners out there, that u got a Xperia Z1 that dont have any problem of the probs i mention above!

I so wanna get it but i afraid those probs are exist on any Z1..

marcyff2
Old
(Last edited by marcyff2; 25th December 2013 at 12:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by E!ch0 View Post
My previous phone just broke and i pllaned to get a new one..

So i went home and looked on xda to see some reviews and comments about the device

And i found few interesting problems:

1. Touch Screen issue (The screen dont reconize touch)
2. Yellow hue problem (sord of yellow tint on the screen)
3.Bad WiFi reception

Pls tell me if someone from all owners out there, that u got a Xperia Z1 that dont have any problem of the probs i mention above!

Hi ,

0. I have the Z1 and the only issue I have faced till now is bad Wifi reception WHICH HAS NOW BEEN FIXED on the 4.3 update.

1.Some devices do run into the touch Screen issue, As long as you are within the warranty you can exchange the device.

2. I know some people who own the device and none of them has run into the Yellow hue issue. But if you do Sony has released a Fix, which has been ported on: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572080

3. Bad wifi reception is not horrible wifi reception, i live in a two floor house and my room is the furthest from a crappy modem. And I still have 1 to 2 bars of Wifi on 4.2 and 4 bars of Wifi on 4.3 (after latest update)

4.Another issue people mention is the Noise on Camera (dots showing on higher resolution pictures) this is due to the professionalism of the camera It requires certain features which sony still has to implement, this camera is The best camera phone!

In general the 4 issues above mentioned should not define your decision, because there are work arounds most of them.

Its an amazing phone and i do not regret getting it.
Proud owner of:
Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Smartwatch 2

Previous:
Sony xperia Mini, Sony xperia Satio
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcyff2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

E!ch0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
@marcyff2

Thank u for the information bro

I was worried ill get a faulty device cuz i dont have the time to go to the service center every week

More users that dont have any prooblem on their Z1 plz reply i need to be sure
The Following User Says Thank You to E!ch0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@marcyff2

I was worried ill get a faulty device cuz i dont have the time to go to the service center every week

I bought my device from MEA (I live in Qatar) and my Xperia Z1 has no problems.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just2Cause For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcyff2
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
@marcyff2

Its what i am here for , just hit that thanks meter if you think i helped!
Proud owner of:
Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Smartwatch 2

Previous:
Sony xperia Mini, Sony xperia Satio
The Following User Says Thank You to marcyff2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 565

DONATE TO ME
I have the device for 2 days now and I can confirm the yellow hue, but it's only visible when you place the Z1 next to another device with both showing white color. If I wouldn't do that then I wouldn't be able to notice.

As for the touchscreen - I got this issue twice but it was gone after few seconds.

As for the WiFi - if the Internet shared by the router is under load (downloading, sending etc.) it shows regular reception but it drops to 1 bar and pops out an error with connecting.
Other than that, when the Internet is used in a regular way like PPL use YouTube, browse the Web then I have reception like a laptop or better so I can't complain. It's also better than my old xperia play.

As for the camera - It's STUNNING. Honestly - I've never seen a better camera in any phone. Yesterday I took a picture at night when I could barely see anything with my eyes and I actually could disguise a tree.

Don't hesitate to get it. Getting custom rom installed on a LB may be hard but it will be solved soon. I'm more than happy that I got this phone.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

I'm using the latest .290 firmware.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
My work on xda:
[APP][4.x+] CyanogenMod Apollo - Music Player (Updated 18.04.14)
[JB&KK][AROMA]Volumemod - no quality loss! Choose your own volume! AudioFix 09.04.14
Z2 bootanimation
I'm having some real life issues. Development is not stopped, but it surely is going to be slower.
The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

E!ch0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Does anyone tried to reproduce the touch problem? (The guide that says to wait 30 seconds with the device naked..)

And didnt experience anything??
I mean, the device is completly fine and didnt have any stops on the touch test?