XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Metro pcs P769 2 topics ..need some insight

Tip us?

lojak29
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Thumbs down Metro pcs P769 2 topics ..need some insight

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER AND TETHER HACK BYPASS UPSELL BLOCK????

OK i have the metro pcs l9 p769, which is essentially a tmobile L9 since it runs on there network and just has metro bloatware.

Two things im trying to achieve with the most up to date info on how to ans the most Easiest way to accomplish.
I havent seen a straight forward thread about how to on the Metro l9

If i cant accomplish either i have no use for lg or the phone ... i certainly need the tether hack... the rom flashing can wait.

First thing i want to do is Unlock the boot loader keep in mind i have the metro variant L9.
Second is tether for root Like trevemod but Bypassing the upsell apk cause metro has a Tether block if your not on the 2.5gb data plan.

Are these two methods actually easy to do True info and available and working up to date as of this month For the Metro pcs variant ?
And whats the easiest way to do this.. I hate lg and there security measures...but am stuck with the phone for now ...would like to flash tmobile roms onto the metro L9.
Would appreciate any help or Links dedicated strictly for the metro pcs L9 to achieve the two goals.

roamingrican
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojak29 View Post
UNLOCK BOOTLOADER AND TETHER HACK BYPASS UPSELL BLOCK????

OK i have the metro pcs l9 p769, which is essentially a tmobile L9 since it runs on there network and just has metro bloatware.

Two things im trying to achieve with the most up to date info on how to ans the most Easiest way to accomplish.
I havent seen a straight forward thread about how to on the Metro l9

If i cant accomplish either i have no use for lg or the phone ... i certainly need the tether hack... the rom flashing can wait.

First thing i want to do is Unlock the boot loader keep in mind i have the metro variant L9.
Second is tether for root Like trevemod but Bypassing the upsell apk cause metro has a Tether block if your not on the 2.5gb data plan.

Are these two methods actually easy to do True info and available and working up to date as of this month For the Metro pcs variant ?
And whats the easiest way to do this.. I hate lg and there security measures...but am stuck with the phone for now ...would like to flash tmobile roms onto the metro L9.
Would appreciate any help or Links dedicated strictly for the metro pcs L9 to achieve the two goals.
I got you on the unlocked bootloader: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584997
Devices:
LG MS769 (Metro PCS) Unlocked Bootloader Running CM11.0 KitKat
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Unlocked Bootloader Running PacRom
Acer Iconia tab A500 Running Taboonay

Future Purchase: (Before 2014) Samsung Galaxy Mega (Metro PCS)