XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Double tap app?

Tip us?

tonyevo52
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Default Double tap app?

Does any know of an app, something on wanam, or a mod that will let you double tap to turn the screen on? I've looked but haven't found much... Currently on Rooted stock rom. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyevo52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 25th December 2013 at 07:21 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
Does any know of an app, something on wanam, or a mod that will let you double tap to turn the screen on? I've looked but haven't found much... Currently on Rooted stock rom. Thanks

Only option appears to be a play store app. The one called Tap Tap app seems like it does the job, but the reviews are less than stellar.

As my E4GT aged and the buttons became less dependable, many of us started using Gravity Screen On, an app I can personally report as highly functional, does the job (differently), yet takes a degree of patience to get it behaving the way you want (can drive you nuts, but get past that, and you may be pleased),

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yscreenofffree

As to natively doing this, I've seen it tied to kernels for HTC phones, the Nexus series (not just the LG variants, but the tablets, even the Galaxy Nexus), but as to the Note 3 specially or an Xposed module, nada that I can find.

Would love to have it. Wouldn't buy a phone without a replaceable battery or am external SD, but that is one cool feature. I hope someone corrects me on this and unearths something.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonyevo52
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Thanks Mic... Merry Christmas!

The Following User Says Thank You to tonyevo52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
Thanks Mic... Merry Christmas!

You, too bro.

mjcollum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
Only option appears to be a play store app. The one called Tap Tap app seems like it does the job, but the reviews are less than stellar.

As my E4GT aged and the buttons became less dependable, many of us started using Gravity Screen On, an app I can personally report as highly functional, does the job (differently), yet takes a degree of patience to get it behaving the way you want (can drive you nuts, but get past that, and you may be pleased),

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yscreenofffree

As to natively doing this, I've seen it tied to kernels for HTC phones, the Nexus series (not just the LG variants, but the tablets, even the Galaxy Nexus), but as to the Note 3 specially or an Xposed module, nada that I can find.

Would love to have it. Wouldn't buy a phone without a replaceable battery or am external SD, but that is one cool feature. I hope someone corrects me on this and unearths something.

I'm pretty sure it's tied to the kernel.
Though I've seen it done with the internal knock sensors.
It can be a huge pain to get working reliably.

The screen at the moment has to be on to accept input.
It sounds like a cool idea.

Then reality sets in....

Actually if you could implement this without...
Errant random screen taps waking the phone.
Battery drain from having to keep part of the system up watching and interpreting screen taps.

Hmmm mm

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mjcollum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcollum View Post
I'm pretty sure it's tied to the kernel.
Though I've seen it done with the internal knock sensors.
It can be a huge pain to get working reliably.

The screen at the moment has to be on to accept input.
It sounds like a cool idea.

Then reality sets in....

Actually if you could implement this without...
Errant random screen taps waking the phone.
Battery drain from having to keep part of the system up watching and interpreting screen taps.

Hmmm mm

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
That at least confirms my suspicion. At least you can give Gravity Screen On a whirl. The free version has full functionality, and your battery doesn't take too bad of a hit on the process. Like I said, it's not something you immediately love, but you can get used to it, and does the job well. It just doesn't work the way the swipe to wake or knock to wake features work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]