[Q] import contact question

Tip us?

zulu208
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] import contact question

Hi folks,

just got the n5 after having the gnex since its release. I have a question regarding the imported contact.

in hangout, when i'm sending a sms, and I type in a name, eg: Scott, it show me all the Scott I have ever emailed. I only have one Scott in my actual contact. The other "scott" contacts are random joe blow recruiters whom I never contacted again. But somehow Google, in all their wisdom, think I care about them and display them in my list.

Is there a way to prevent this? I only want my phone to display ONLY those that are actually in my contacts not random people that email me

Thanks!

dramkler
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Contacts to display

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu208 View Post
Hi folks,

just got the n5 after having the gnex since its release. I have a question regarding the imported contact.

in hangout, when i'm sending a sms, and I type in a name, eg: Scott, it show me all the Scott I have ever emailed. I only have one Scott in my actual contact. The other "scott" contacts are random joe blow recruiters whom I never contacted again. But somehow Google, in all their wisdom, think I care about them and display them in my list.

Is there a way to prevent this? I only want my phone to display ONLY those that are actually in my contacts not random people that email me

Thanks!

I think you should go through this:

Open contacts -> click on menu -> Contacts to display.
From here you can prevent the others contacts.

Regards