5,599,977 Members 46,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone bootloops please help!!!!!!!

Tip us?

josephkarthic
Old
(Last edited by josephkarthic; 25th December 2013 at 10:55 AM.) Reason: added some words
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone bootloops please help!!!!!!!

Hi People,

I recently rooted my phone and things were good for 3 days until I screwed up, I installed "Disable service" app and I froze a service called "SIM Toolkit -stkapservice" and after restarting the phone is not bootling up, the boot logo appears again and again..

I'm not sure if disabling that service cause that, I have been disabling some others as well like qcconnectivity service, wiper app, smartcard service, picoservice, geocode service

Could someone please help me what to do ASAP? Should i flash it again? is so all my user data will be deleted again right?

Is there any way without deleting user data and settings? I've been hearing words like CWM, wipe dalvik cache etc but im not an experienced user, I just rooted and messed up my phone..

Could someone please advise me how to fix it?

SimonK9
Old
Thanks Meter 2
what do you mean user data? pictures?
or saved logins & settings?
if you do wipe to cache it will remove your settings, not your personal files.

josephkarthic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonK9 View Post
what do you mean user data? pictures?
or saved logins & settings?
if you do wipe to cache it will remove your settings, not your personal files.
Yes I meant my logins,installed apps etc..is there a way to backup those settings also ?

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
Yes I meant my logins,installed apps etc..is there a way to backup those settings also ?
Well, only if you had clockworkmod recovery, but if you don't have a custom recovery installed then no. A custom recovery would allow you to backup the full data partition, but OEM (stock) recovery doesn't.

Your only option is to do a full factory data reset I'm afraid. Also wipe the cache.

josephkarthic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813 View Post
Well, only if you had clockworkmod recovery, but if you don't have a custom recovery installed then no. A custom recovery would allow you to backup the full data partition, but OEM (stock) recovery doesn't.

Your only option is to do a full factory data reset I'm afraid. Also wipe the cache.
Ok thanks for your reply, I have flashed my device again by wiping out everything and now it booted to stock, the next step im about to install CWM recovery by following a online guide,

So after i install that whats next? how do i take my full data partition as you said? Can you pls tell me how or share some guides if possible?

thanks in advance..

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
Ok thanks for your reply, I have flashed my device again by wiping out everything and now it booted to stock, the next step im about to install CWM recovery by following a online guide,

So after i install that whats next? how do i take my full data partition as you said? Can you pls tell me how or share some guides if possible?

thanks in advance..
To make a full backup is easy once you have cwm. Also, make sure you flash the cwm image made for YOUR device! Other images for different phones aren't going to work on yours! It will hard brick your device!

To make a android backup (nandroid backup), just follow this step-by-step tutorial: