XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

revelation 1.0.0 vs Viper 3.1.0

Tip us?

061189ji
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default revelation 1.0.0 vs Viper 3.1.0

hey guys first of all this is not a which is better than which question, rather a general question of the differences of these two roms. I know that viper allows tweaks such as in the pull down notification and other tweaks, but as for performance and battery life what are the differences you notice, i'm currently running revelation 1.0.0 and it is brilliant with performance and battery (3hrs+ screen on) but one thing is it doesn't have toggles in pull down status bar and this makes it slightly annoying, so guys what do you think should i switch?

Ghouless
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
In Revelation I miss only two things - power toggles in notification area and pull down gesture to show notification ( and percentege battery, but can be solved by flashing mod from another thread). Nothing else. I love simple things and for that reason, Revelation is best ROM for hard daily use ( and the battery life is AMAZING). In Viper is too much tweaks, that i never use .

Sorry for my bad english.

Odesláno z mého HTC Sensation Z710e pomocí Tapatalk 2
Lumia 720 black

Far_SighT
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by 061189ji View Post
hey guys first of all this is not a which is better than which question, rather a general question of the differences of these two roms. I know that viper allows tweaks such as in the pull down notification and other tweaks, but as for performance and battery life what are the differences you notice, i'm currently running revelation 1.0.0 and it is brilliant with performance and battery (3hrs+ screen on) but one thing is it doesn't have toggles in pull down status bar and this makes it slightly annoying, so guys what do you think should i switch?
ViperS has a ton to tweaks. Their 3.0.2 JB rom has no camera, otherwise it is awesome. So if like me you prefer Venom tweaks, go with Viper, or if it doesn't matter to you, then use revelation
Jam that THANKS button. It only takes one finger.
Device: HTC SENSATION XE Beats Audio Z715e
Android Version: 4.1.2 | Kernel: 3.4.10-SebastianFM-1.0.3
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 | Radio: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
SD Card: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1

JhonyD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
One question. This kernel - 3.4.10 coming undervolted from start? Because my seny act like that.... Rebooting, rebooting......and again reboot. I can't even seting my gmail from start and ....rebooting. Some opinion, plecase. I tried everything ....till now.Ths.

Trimis de pe HTC

scouse83
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_SighT View Post
ViperS has a ton to tweaks. Their 3.0.2 JB rom has no camera, otherwise it is awesome. So if like me you prefer Venom tweaks, go with Viper, or if it doesn't matter to you, then use revelation
Its now 3.1 with fixed camera mate

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

JhonyD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonyD View Post
One question. This kernel - 3.4.10 coming undervolted from start? Because my seny act like that.... Rebooting, rebooting......and again reboot. I can't even seting my gmail from start and ....rebooting. Some opinion, plecase. I tried everything ....till now.Ths.

Trimis de pe HTC
I think my phone doesn't like JB. Wiped everything, everywere, instal htc rom from start, copy boot.img , nothing works.

Trimis de pe HTC

Far_SighT
Old
(Last edited by Far_SighT; 10th July 2013 at 09:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse83 View Post
Its now 3.1 with fixed camera mate

I can't believe I missed it (It was released yesterday!!!!!). Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote:
I think my phone doesn't like JB. Wiped everything, everywere, instal htc rom from start, copy boot.img , nothing works.

Trimis de pe HTC
Make sure you are not using ICS kernels.
Jam that THANKS button. It only takes one finger.
Device: HTC SENSATION XE Beats Audio Z715e
Android Version: 4.1.2 | Kernel: 3.4.10-SebastianFM-1.0.3
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 | Radio: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
SD Card: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1
The Following User Says Thank You to Far_SighT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scouse83
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

My brother is using it he said its pretty good like n no probs mate

JhonyD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

No, sir, I managed to boot into rom (Viper 3.1.0) but after i setup my country region, or wifi, reboot automaticaly, and so ..... Oance I succesfully start Rosie, seen kernel version- 3.4.10 screen off and... reboot. Actualy, only ICS works, this kernel make me.....
I'm firm. 3.33, soff, CID HTC__001, unloked bootloader, and yes, I flashed boot.img, after, under, from wipe everything, and I dont know what else....

apranus
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
No, sir, I managed to boot into rom (Viper 3.1.0) but after i setup my country region, or wifi, reboot automaticaly, and so ..... Oance I succesfully start Rosie, seen kernel version- 3.4.10 screen off and... reboot. Actualy, only ICS works, this kernel make me.....
I'm firm. 3.33, soff, CID HTC__001, unloked bootloader, and yes, I flashed boot.img, after, under, from wipe everything, and I dont know what else....
S-off phone doesn't require to flash boot.img to run jb sense rom

Trolled from HTC Sensation XE using CM10.1