5,597,198 Members 43,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xpreia Arc S WiFi is't stable at all !

Tip us?

Lightmoons
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Xpreia Arc S WiFi is't stable at all !

Hi,

The misery is the ARC S wifi isn't stable at all, it connects to my SSID smoothly and gets IP too. but most of the time I can not open any websites even google.com from the phone browser ! and the funny part is i can't ping the phone IP from my laptop but i can ping my laptop IP from the phone ( ARC S ) !

It's really annoying, for solving this problem I decided to changed the Stock ROM ,Stock Kernel , and unlook the bootloader.
1- I unlooked the bootloader.
2-I flashed [KERNEL][GPL] Vengeance [1.38][3/5] from recovery ,also I installed OTP-Module and Wifi Module.
3- after that I flashed the stock rom to [ROM]{ICS} Xperia Ultimate HD 4.0 | The next Generation | Slim & Beautiful | 08.07.13
4- the arc s Baseband is 77 and I didn't change it.

but at the end none of this efforts doesn't work. and the problem is still exit as before. (

This is my mother phone and she just uses it for surfing the net and goes to facebook, when every time it goes wrong , she'll come to me and asking for troubleshooting ....
please some tell me what should I do to solve wifi problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lightmoons For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

popthosegaskets
Old
Thanks Meter 523
You can try using a different kernel, LuPuS v16 or Advanced stock kernel is recommended.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた
日焼け.一郎
Microsoft Certified Professional
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S(LT18i) - Unlocked BL(CM11) -> INO 2(4.2.2)
Sony PS VITA PCHJ10001(初音ミク Project Diva F Limited Edition)
1.69 - > 1.80 - > 1.81 - > 2.00 - > 2.02 - > 2.11 - > 2.12 -> 2.61 -> 3.00 -> 3.01
Sony PSP - 2006(Original replaced with 2001 MOBO)
3.60 OFW - > 5.00 M33 -> 5.50 Gen D3 -> 6.60 PRO C

The Following User Says Thank You to popthosegaskets For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheHaso
Old
Thanks Meter 386
You cant flash kernel from recovery. You have to flash it using fastboot

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda premium
Xperia Charging Animations
HDPI and MDPI

Phone
LG G2 D802 32GB

Previous Phone
Xperia Arc LT15i (LT18i format)
Super Jelly Bean 8 - SJB KK Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to TheHaso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lightmoons
Old
(Last edited by Lightmoons; 31st August 2013 at 07:18 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by popthosegaskets View Post
You can try using a different kernel, LuPuS v16 or Advanced stock kernel is recommended.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた
First of all Thanks popthosegaskets,
I flashed [KERNEL]ARC/S-Advanced stock-4.1.B.0.587-[ROOT+INIT.D+CWM+SD-EXT] after that I flashed Stock ICS ( 4.1.B.0.587_Generic_World 1254-8596 ) ROM too.
every thing seems more stable especially wifi. but when i flashed kerne via fastboot I didn't installStock_WiFi_modules_ICS_587.zip
with that ( I know, I can install it via recovery ) by the way, Is it necessary ? I'm afraid if I install it, every thing goes wrong again !
what 's your idea about that ?

Lightmoons
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaso View Post
You cant flash kernel from recovery. You have to flash it using fastboot

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda premium
Thanks buddy
I knew that.

Lightmoons
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
up........

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1898

DONATE TO ME
You have to install the WiFi modules AFTER installing the ROM. Otherwise the custom ones (from the kernel) will just be written over by stock ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Someguyfromhell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spankmeplease
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How did you get on with this?

I've tried just about every GB, ICS and JB ROM, and kernels to match. My experience is that any GB ROM/kernel combo and the WiFi is fine. Stock ICS ROM and kernel, WiFi is fine. Any other ICS ROM or kernel, and every JB combo gives poor Wifi performance. Connection drops out, router not in range when standing next to it, and when it is connected, slow speeds. This is one of the many issues I'm having with this phone. When (if) funds permit, I'm going to a Z1.

pren22
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankmeplease View Post
I've tried just about every GB, ICS and JB ROM, and kernels to match. My experience is that any GB ROM/kernel combo and the WiFi is fine. Stock ICS ROM and kernel, WiFi is fine. Any other ICS ROM or kernel, and every JB combo gives poor Wifi performance. Connection drops out, router not in range when standing next to it, and when it is connected, slow speeds. This is one of the many issues I'm having with this phone. When (if) funds permit, I'm going to a Z1.
Well it depends on what combo you used...For me i have gin2kk and lupus gbv2 it's the best experience i ever had,it's better than stock.

Sent from my Xperia Arc LT15i using XDA

spankmeplease
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pren22 View Post
Well it depends on what combo you used...For me i have gin2kk and lupus gbv2 it's the best experience i ever had,it's better than stock.

Sent from my Xperia Arc LT15i using XDA
Yeah but Gin2KK is GB-based, so WiFi is fine. I'm now on G2KK and doomkernel v22, and WiFi is great!