5,594,564 Members 32,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One bootloop - can't even reach Bootloader

Tip us?

MillyMoo106
Old
(Last edited by MillyMoo106; 12th June 2013 at 01:42 AM.) Reason: Add information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Exclamation [Q] HTC One bootloop - can't even reach Bootloader

My phone is stuck in a bootloop, it cannot get past the initial HTC screen, every third time it tries to boot into recovery (CWM) but that only flashes up for less than a second before it goes back to a black screen.
I have been trying to get it to boot into bootloader so i can reflash the recovery but holding Power and Volume Up (and just holding Volume Up) doesn't seem to do it. It's worth noting that whenever I have tried to reboot the phone by just holding the Power button it does not work, the lights just blink forever.
I have also tried running the adb reboot-bootloader command continuously (as quick as my fingers will let me press up and enter) and I can't seem to catch it there.

The phone won't even stay off, it just keeps trying to boot.

Do you have any ideas of things I can try? At the moment I can only think to let the battery run out but it was well charged and has been on USB for a while. I do need this phone to work.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
The problem occured when I tried reinstalling Android Revolution HD 10.2, I had done this earlier today but wanted to change one of the options in Aroma. Aroma crashed very near the end and the phone went into Recovery, I had some warning but I picked up my phone with the power button so I didn't read it properly.

dakaringer
Old
Thanks Meter 25
You enter the bootloader by holding Power and Volume Down (not up).
Try to get into the recovery through the bootloader and restore your nandroid before trying to flash ARHD 10.2 again.
The Following User Says Thank You to dakaringer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MillyMoo106
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks, I guess I panicked as I should have been asleep. All I had to do was go into fastboot and clear my cache with fastboot (command: fastboot clear cache) and go straight into Recovery and Recovery worked again for any people who encounter this problem.

Affster
Old
(Last edited by Affster; 25th October 2013 at 03:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I experience a similar problem with my HTC One. It recently powered off and I can't start it up again, it's just a black screen and it doesn't react when pressing the power button.

When I plug it into the charger (into a socket or to the computer) it starts booting after a short while. It vibrates, the HTC "quietly brilliant" logo shows up, but then it just goes black again. A few seconds pass and it does the same thing again. Over and over.

I manage to use the Volume Down to get into the HBOOT-screen and there I have 6 choices; Fastboot, Recovery, Factory Reset, Simlock, Image Crc and Show Barcode. I read that I can go into fastboot and clear cache and it might work but I cant even get into fastboot. When I try to press any buttons it doesn't react. If I constantly press volume up or down it sometimes moves the marker, but it seems that it is "pressing" the power button all the time, because when I move it reacts directly to that menu choice. And of course, it shuts itself down after only a second.

It's a stock HTC One, nothing done with it. Recently made a factory reset because the phone locked itself.

What can I do?

EDIT: I had to return it to the store I bought it from, and they sent it on repair to Poland (where HTC apparently has their european base) and they changed the battery. Got it back after 2 weeks and it works fine again!

IgniteTheWorld
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyMoo106 View Post
Thanks, I guess I panicked as I should have been asleep. All I had to do was go into fastboot and clear my cache with fastboot (command: fastboot clear cache) and go straight into Recovery and Recovery worked again for any people who encounter this problem.
I have the same problem as you right now but I still can't access recovery I go into hboot and clear the cache with fastboot (fastboot erase cache) but I still can't access recovery, everytime I go on it, it say's "entering recovery..." and the screen goes blank then it goes into boot loop again. Is there any help you can give me to fix this problem? This is my first android phone and I'm really scared that I screwed it up for good.
The Following User Says Thank You to IgniteTheWorld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naimmkassim
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affster View Post
I experience a similar problem with my HTC One. It recently powered off and I can't start it up again, it's just a black screen and it doesn't react when pressing the power button.

When I plug it into the charger (into a socket or to the computer) it starts booting after a short while. It vibrates, the HTC "quietly brilliant" logo shows up, but then it just goes black again. A few seconds pass and it does the same thing again. Over and over.

I manage to use the Volume Down to get into the HBOOT-screen and there I have 6 choices; Fastboot, Recovery, Factory Reset, Simlock, Image Crc and Show Barcode. I read that I can go into fastboot and clear cache and it might work but I cant even get into fastboot. When I try to press any buttons it doesn't react. If I constantly press volume up or down it sometimes moves the marker, but it seems that it is "pressing" the power button all the time, because when I move it reacts directly to that menu choice. And of course, it shuts itself down after only a second.

It's a stock HTC One, nothing done with it. Recently made a factory reset because the phone locked itself.

What can I do?

EDIT: I had to return it to the store I bought it from, and they sent it on repair to Poland (where HTC apparently has their european base) and they changed the battery. Got it back after 2 weeks and it works fine again!
I have htc one which now in reboot loop condition..its stock..dont know what happen..suddenly reboot loop and will stuck at htc logo..Could someone teach me how to go to fastboot clean cache? I already pres power vol down and i get into hboot..then i select fastboot..only option i can see is bootloder, recovery, reboot bootloader and power down...no selection for clean cahce??

Anyone? Thanks in advance..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC HD2, HTC Desire, HTC DHD, LG O2X, GT-P1000, HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XE, GT-N7000, GT-N8000, GT-7100
SM-N9005

FitAmp
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by naimmkassim View Post
I have htc one which now in reboot loop condition..its stock..dont know what happen..suddenly reboot loop and will stuck at htc logo..Could someone teach me how to go to fastboot clean cache? I already pres power vol down and i get into hboot..then i select fastboot..only option i can see is bootloder, recovery, reboot bootloader and power down...no selection for clean cahce??

Anyone? Thanks in advance..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Clear cache is done in recovery...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to FitAmp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitAmp View Post
Clear cache is done in recovery...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The fastboot erase cache is done via command prompt on your pc while your phone is plugged in

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

So many guides on this site to answer all your questions

The Following User Says Thank You to nateboi81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lobo4806
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboi81 View Post
The fastboot erase cache is done via command prompt on your pc while your phone is plugged in

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

So many guides on this site to answer all your questions

What if the PC won't recognize the phone while in fastboot? I'm on win 8.1 64. Uninstalled and reinstalled HTC drivers. All I get is a prompt that the device is not recognized. If I try 'fastboot erase cache', it jsut sits there, saying 'waiting for device'. I get nothing listed when I run 'fastboot devices'. Any ideas?

smhussan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo4806 View Post
What if the PC won't recognize the phone while in fastboot? I'm on win 8.1 64. Uninstalled and reinstalled HTC drivers. All I get is a prompt that the device is not recognized. If I try 'fastboot erase cache', it jsut sits there, saying 'waiting for device'. I get nothing listed when I run 'fastboot devices'. Any ideas?
you just need to install HTC sync and it will install drivers for you , later uninstall the htc sync only nor drivers. second try windows 7 or 8 but 32bit version , all drivers will work perfectly. hope it will work.

Tags
bootloop, htc one, no bootloader