XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Smart Dock Arrived Today!

Tip us?

meatlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Default Smart Dock Arrived Today!

I mentioned in another thread a couple of days ago that Verizon had the Smart Dock, and that it was shipping. Came today, and all I can say is...WOW. I am running Jedi, and the orientation is landscape, NOT portrait as claimed elsewhere...I added no new app to automatically change this, so it is either baked in to the ROM or in Nova. Either way, it is badass. Get one.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hausman
Old
(Last edited by hausman; 30th November 2012 at 05:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Thanks! I'm assuming with a stock rom it'll be portrait, but that's fixable according to at least one video I saw.

Edit: I'm kind of surprised Verizon was the first to get these in an nobody else seems to have them yet. I think people aren't even getting them from Samsung yet.

Neo3D
Old
Thanks Meter 218
pix?
The Following User Says Thank You to Neo3D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tfaulk88
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
lucky ive been waiting since i heard about these a month ago for samsung to get some in stock seem like they never will.

meatlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Had to use the company Nexus to take these lol.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meatlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by hausman View Post
Thanks! I'm assuming with a stock rom it'll be portrait, but that's fixable according to at least one video I saw.

Edit: I'm kind of surprised Verizon was the first to get these in an nobody else seems to have them yet. I think people aren't even getting them from Samsung yet.
Yeah, I got tired of waiting. I heard in my other thread (where I was b!tching about the dock not being available yet) that Verizon had them...it was the day before they shipped the Note 2 to their customers. Lo and behold, the order went through and an hour later it was sent via 2nd day delivery. If you don't mind paying full price ($99), they are still in stock at Verizon (or at least they were this morning when I checked).

***EDIT***
200th post! Woo! 5 1/2 years as a member, and I just hit 200. Pathetic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meatlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
120 inches of Note 2 goodness projected on my bedroom wall from the Smart Dock. Sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354321864456.jpg
Views:	8621
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1525675  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boodies
Old
Thanks Meter 255
now you need a ps3 controller
Dropbox lets you sync files across several platforms. Sign up for free, install, and get me extra space! Dropbox
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boodies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cab121
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
120 inches of Note 2 goodness projected on my bedroom wall from the Smart Dock. Sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Im officially jealous. Think it works with a case on the note II?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

sleebus.jones
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Heh, that is really cool. Thanks for posting the pix!