HDMI out for Sony SGPT111US/S ???

Search This thread

siratfus

Dec 28, 2011
Sony Tablet S aka Sony SGPT111US/S

Hey guys, I started to realize the limitations of "throwing" because you have to throw within the Video Player videos you've saved or downloaded. We do a lot of streaming sites, so I guess mirroring is what we need.

A sony rep told me that those micro usb to HDMI adapters will not work. So I would like to know if there are solutions to what I want to do? Is there a hack or something to make micro usb to HDMI adapters work? Or, an app that would allow MIRROR DISPLAY?

PLease advise, thank you.

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
Sony Tablet S aka Sony SGPT111US/S

Hey guys, I started to realize the limitations of "throwing" because you have to throw within the Video Player videos you've saved or downloaded. We do a lot of streaming sites, so I guess mirroring is what we need.

A sony rep told me that those micro usb to HDMI adapters will not work. So I would like to know if there are solutions to what I want to do? Is there a hack or something to make micro usb to HDMI adapters work? Or, an app that would allow MIRROR DISPLAY?

PLease advise, thank you.

The Sony Tablet S does not incorporate the necessary hardware to provide MHL USB to HDMI output. The tablet does provide, as you know, some DLNA capabilities with a few of its native apps. Perhaps other apps like DLNA Server, Streambels AirPlay/DLNA Player, or BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA will meet your needs.