Okay, so I have tested many different root methods on my Moto G. Somehow I managed to screw them all up! So here is how I got my root working. This method should work on Jelly Bean AND KitKat. This is my first guide, so if anything is missing, please notify me. DON'T GUESS! ask others for clarification. So far this is a Windows guide, I am unsure if this will work on Mac or Linux...
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Okay, so here we go.
My root tools
ADB Tools - make sure to add to your Window's Path (step 4 and on)
Moto G drivers
Be sure to place "supersu.motog.zip" on the root of your device
1)Unlock your bootloader
2)Reboot into Bootloader
3)Flash Logo Fix
4)Flash TWRP or CWM
5)Reboot into Recovery
Follow this guide from Motorola
REBOOT INTO BOOTLOADER
1) Type mfastboot reboot-bootloader into Command Prompt and hit enter
FLASH LOGO FIX
1) Type fastboot flash logo logo.bin into Command Prompt and hit enter
If on JB 4.3
1) Type mfastboot flash recovery trecovery.img into Command Prompt and hit enter
1) Type mfastboot flash recovery crecovery.img into Command Prompt and hit enter
If on KK 4.4
1) Type fastboot boot 44trecovery.img into Command Prompt and hit enter
1) Type mfastboot flash recovery 44crecovery.img into Commander Prompt and hit enter
REBOOT INTO RECOVERY
1) Press the volume down button
2) Press the volume up button
1) Wait for screen to time out
2) Awaken device with the power button
3) Tap "Install"
4) Select "supersu.motog.zip"
5) Swipe to install
WARNING! The touch screen will be buggy. Just try the best you can. It is possible to install the zip, I have done it. Good luck!
1) Reboot your phone
Motorola - for Moto G
Google - for Android
Redmond Pie - for ADB setup guide
@lost101 - for Moto G USB Drivers
@oasoas014 - for 4.3 Bootloader
@paulobrien - for "supersu.motog.zip"
@a1Pha - for TWRP & CWM
@ffosilva - for Logo Clean Up
@danger2u - for trying with CWM
@Paulskiii - for skipping JB Bootloader flash first :P Brave man right here.
@daothanhduy1996 - for getting me into Android!
@lokeshsaini94 & @Lifehacker7 - for reminding me that who cares about warranties? Root that phone! :P
Message me if I used your work and forgot to credit you!