[ v1.4 ] BuilduntuVM - Compile Android ROMs with Windows or Mac OSX
is a custom branch of the Ubuntu operating system, based on my guide here
for preparing Ubuntu to compile Android ROMs from source. It includes everything you need to sync with the repo of your choice (Cyanogenmod, AOKP, AOSP, etc) and start building.
- Xubuntu 14.04 base
- Installed all necessary software for compiling (list available in the guide link above)
- Unnecessary programs removed (media players, games etc.)
- Geany for editing code
- Repo located in ~/bin and added to PATH
All you have to do is download the source!
The only requirement is that your host machine supports a 64 bit OS. 32 bit systems will not work!
1. Download and install VirtualBox for your host system from here.
2. Download the latest builduntu zip archive and extract builduntu.ova to your hard drive.
3. Start VB, click File > Import Appliance. Select "Open Appliance" and choose builduntu.ova, then click Next to import the virtual machine.
4. Highlight builduntu in VirtualBox Manager and open Settings. Under "System" you will want to give it more RAM and Processor Cores. The higher these values are, the faster you will compile ROMs.
5. Start the machine, pull up a terminal and initialize a git repo. Once the source is finished downloading, you're ready to go!
builduntu v1.4 via BitTorrent
- PLEASE HELP SEED!
builduntu v1.4 via MediaFire
builduntu v1.4 via MEGA.co.nz
Feel free to buy me a Zico (donate) if you like my work. It would be greatly appreciated!
Please hit the "Thanks" button if this post helps you out!
v1 - Initial Release Dec 26, 2013
v1.0.1 - Released Jan 03, 2014
.. Added swap space
.. Increased dynamic drive max to 100 GB
.. Installed latest VirtualBox Guest Additions
v1.1 - Jan 16, 2014
.. Updated and repackaged OVA file for VMWare
v1.2 - Feb 04, 2014
.. System updated
.. Packaged Manifest for data integrity verification
.. FINAL 13.10 edition (future releases will be based on 14.04)
v1.3 - Feb 08, 2014
.. Revised version numbering because I felt like it
.. Rebuilt with Ubuntu 14.04 base system
.. Increased swap space to 4 gb
.. Increased max disk size to 500 GB
v1.3.1 - Mar 02, 2014
.. Rebuilt from scratch using the latest Xubuntu 14.04 Beta 1 release
.. Testing semi-automated environment script
.. Began torrent distribution
v1.3.2 - Mar 20, 2014
.. Rebuilt from scratch again with new Builduntu Install Disc
.. It's just plain better
v1.4 - Apr 20, 2014
.. Rebuilt using Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Official Release base (via Builduntu Install Disc)
.. Added Guake drop-down terminal for more efficient command line, check it out!
.. HD space reduced to 250 GB dynamically allocated (was anyone ever getting close to 500 before?)
.. Shared folders should be working now (you can build in a directory on your host system, add the folder via Settings in VirtualBox)