Motoactv Source Code?

Search This thread

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
I can't imagine getting any newer versions to run on this thing. The current version (ClearDroid rom) doesn't even run with multitasking.

What do you mean by that? I can multitask fine with mine.....granted, there is only so much you can do with 256MB of ram but it still works.

The actv is capable of doing anything the OG droid could do given the right files are made available......the OG droid could run jellybean (albeit not very well). From what I gather, kit kat has a smaller memory footprint so would perform better. I don't know if these files are the correct sources to get it working though. Sadly, most development has moved on so I'm not sure we will ever know even if it is possible.

EDIT: After looking at the code posted a little more deeply, it does appear this is indeed source code including drivers and kernel source.

Last edited:

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
What do you mean by that? I can multitask fine with mine.....granted, there is only so much you can do with 256MB of ram but it still works.

The actv is capable of doing anything the OG droid could do given the right files are made available......the OG droid could run jellybean (albeit not very well). From what I gather, kit kat has a smaller memory footprint so would perform better. I don't know if these files are the correct sources to get it working though. Sadly, most development has moved on so I'm not sure we will ever know even if it is possible.

EDIT: After looking at the code posted a little more deeply, it does appear this is indeed source code including drivers and kernel source.

...Really? If someone did something with this it'd sure bring back my excitement for the Motoactv!