[ROM][CM11] - modded - [nightly-20140326]
CyanogenMod 11 modded for Galaxy Ace
CyanogenMod 11 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Ace releases aren’t working on S5830C, S5830I and S5830M version of Ace!
This modded CM11
- contains additional google libs, permissions and framework files.
- Some apps removed like music.apk, CM Filemanager (needed the space on system and there are some better apps on market)
- (2013-12-26) slimmed down some system apps
- (2013-12-26) Removed Launcher3 and added Apex Launcher v2.2.0
- (2013-12-26) added Total Commander File Manager v 2.03 final
- (2013-12-26) added some tweaks
- (2013-12-26) integrated MA6 Kernel
- (2013-12-26) integrated Google PlayStore to v4.5.10
- (2013-12-26) replaced Camera with a working one
- (2013-12-29) integrated some more tweaks
- (2013-12-29) activated statusbar transparency
- (2013-12-29) integrated Lockscreen PIN-unlock Fix
- (2014-01-11) switched Camera back to now working cam from androidarmv6
- (2014-01-11) integrated AGPS-fix V5
- (2014-01-11) made 2nd variant with facebook contacts sync ability
- (2014-01-11) integrated patched services.jar (thx to ullasmanju)
- (2014-01-11) added some missing permissions xml files (this fixes outgoing voip/sip calls)
- (2014-01-11) temporary override of low memory device flag, to enable custom lockscreen widgets and transparent statusbar
- (2014-01-23) no more override of low memory device flag needed
- (2014-01-23) updateded Apex Launcher to v2.3.0 beta1
- (2014-01-23) updated Total Commander File Manager to v2.04 final
- (2014-01-23) updated the integrated MA6 Kernel
- (2014-01-23) updated remount script
- (2014-01-23) updated Email & Exchange
- (2014-03-11) updated the integrated MA6 Kernel
- (2014-03-11) updateded Apex Launcher to v2.3.0 final
- (2014-03-26) updated the integrated MA6 Kernel (frandom)
- (2014-03-26) updated PlayStore to v 4.6.17
Dont wipe data after flashing the rom / it will break playstore,Camera & TotalCommander!
Dont flash any gapps packages!
- Boot into CWM Recovery 6.0.4.x or TWRP 2.7.x
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Format /System
- Install zip from SD card / choose ROM zip from SD card
- Install zip from SD card / choose HOTFIX zip from SD card (this step is only needed if there is a hotfix)
- After installation reboot system now
- 1st Boot take about 3 - 5 minutes (caches are generated in this time
Install needed google apps from PlayStore!
No OTA support in this early stage
Thx to androidarmv6 team for base CM11 ROM and Kernel,
CM-Team and DVTonder for LockClock Widget and CM,
Google for Android,
Ullasmanju for services.jar patching,
Ace King 34
for creating the aroma installer based all in one transparency patch,
and all i have forgotten
Also big thanks to my ROM testers ;)
Rom mirrors are not allowed also sharing direct rom links on other forums/sites is not allowed!
If you want to share, only share the link to this thread.
Buy me a Beer ;)
CyanogenMod 11 modded, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
ROM OS Version:
ROM Firmware Required:
CWM 6.0.4.x , TWRP 2.7.x
Cyanogenmod 11 - Androidarmv6
Current Beta Version:
Beta Release Date: