[Discussion] NULL_ROM Official Q/A - FAQ- General Discussion thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I noticed some of you prefer stock kernel.. which is completely fine !

Iv added a aroma option for yall in the next version.
    Freefalling Theme is in the process updating to latest null 18.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    This is place where you can come and ask questions regarding support as well as any other general discussion for the Null rom. Please keep the development thread to just that DEVELOPMENT. The developer of this rom is here to develop and not here to answer your questions because you can't take the time to figure out the answer yourself. This will be a community driven thread. Therefore, if you feel something needs to be added to the OP please mention me in a post and I'll take a look

If you need to download the rom free to stop by the dev thread to download. However, if I see you ask a question in here and then go to that thread to ask the same question I will be handing out infractions. Please consider this your only warning.

On a side note, I'll be transferring the OP of this thread to a person with this device in due time. However, for the moment this needed to be created. If you are willing to take the OP from me please feel free to send me a PM. The only requirement that I would have is that you keep it updated properly.

FAQ / IT DOESNT WORK ! WAH
    • INTERNET ACCESS
      GO INTO "FULL SETTINGS -> BLUETOOTH -> SELECT YOUR PHONE SETTING ICON (ON THE RIGHT OF PHONE NAME) -> TICK INTERNET ACCESS".
      ENSURE BLUETOOTH TETHERING IS ENABLED ON YOUR PHONE BEFORE HAND OBVIOUSLY.

*NOTE* ENSURE YOUR MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORTS TETHERING, US VARIANT PHONES HAVE RESTRICTIONS INPLACE. REFER TO THE US INTERNET TETHERING THREAD.

*NOTE 2* BLUETOOTH TETHERING DOES NOT AUTO RECONNECT, INSTALL THIS THIRDPARTY SOLUTION ON YOUR GEAR TO ENABLE AUTO RECONNECT.

• PLAYSTORE / GOOGLE ACCOUNT MANAGER HAS STOPPED..
      VERIFY YOU HAVE A BLUETOOTH INTERNET TETHERING CONNECTION ESTABLISHED BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ADD A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
      MUST NOT BE USING THIRD PARTY TETHERING, EG. PDANET.

• HOW DO I FULL WIPE?
      BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE AND SELECT THE "RECOVERY" OPTION. DO THIS AFTER FLASHING THE ROM

• UNABLE TO WAKE GEAR WHILE IN PHONE CALL
      THIS IS CAUSED BY THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD, THE HOME BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED IN ORDER TO WAKE THE GEAR UP IN THIS STATE.
      ONLY WORK AROUND IS TO EITHER USE THE WRIST WAKEUP GESTURE OR DISABLE THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD.

*NOTE* BY DISABLING THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD, THIS WILL DISABLE THE ABILITY TO MANUALLY LOCK THE SCREEN WHILE USING A CUSTOM LAUNCHER.

• DOUBLE TAP BRIGHTNESS/SOUND TOGGLE HAS DISAPPEARED
      THIS IS CAUSED BY USING THE FULL SYSTEM UI, SIMPLY PUT IT REPLACES THE DOUBLE TAP WINDOW WITH THE NOTIFICATION SHADE. BY USING GRAVITYBOX YOU CAN ADD ADDITIONAL TOGGLES LIKE BRIGHTNESS & SOUND TILES TO THE FULL NOTIFICATION SHADE.

OTHERWISE SIMPLY REFLASH THE ROM WITH THE FULL SYSTEMUI OPTION UNTICKED.

• SCREEN FLICKERING/GITTERING
      THIS IS CAUSED BY THE INITIAL BOOTUP, REBUILDING THE CACHE AND INITIALIZING ALL THE APPS. GIVE YOUR GEAR A FEW MINUTES TO SETUP AND RESTART.

• SCREEN UNLOCKS TO NOVALAUNCHER PAGE PREVIEW?
      GO INTO "NOVA SETTINGS -> GESTURES -> HOME BUTTON -> NONE".

• ENABLE DEVELOPER SETTINGS / USB DEBUGGING
      GO INTO "SETTINGS -> GEAR INFO -> ABOUT GEAR", TAP SOFTWARE VERSION 10 TIMES.

• ENABLE UNKNOWN SOURCE APK INSTALLATION
      GO INTO "FULL SETTINGS -> SECURITY -> TICK UNKNOWN SOURCES".

• ENABLE MTP
      GO INTO "FULL SETTINGS -> STORAGE -> MENU BUTTON (TOP RIGHT OF SCREEN) -> USB COMPUTER CONNECTION -> MEDIA DEVICE (MTP)".

• WATCH STYLER NOT WORKING
      ENSURE ITS SELECTED AS THE DEFAULT WATCHFACE IN GEAR MANAGER.
      IF CLOCK FACE DOES NOT UPDATE UPON CHANGING, RESTART GEAR.

• DOUBLE CLICK HOME BUTTON DOESNT WORK ON TOUCHWIZ LAUNCHER !

*NOTE* DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE USING NOVALAUNCHER, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MANUALLY LOCK YOUR GEAR.

*NOTE 2* YOU CAN SIMPLY REFLASH THE ROM WITHOUT WIPING AND DISABLE THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD.

NAVIGATE/PULL THE FOLLOWING FILE FROM YOUR GEAR: /SYSTEM/USR/KEYLAYOUT/GPIO-KEYS.XML
      EDIT IN A TEXT EDITOR SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE BELOW:

Code:
      key 115   VOLUME_UP         WAKE
      key 114   VOLUME_DOWN       WAKE
      key 116   POWER             WAKE
      [B]key 172   HOME              WAKE[/B]

I made a flashable zip file with latest null and stock kernel batterylife is awesome and yes it works I think people should have a choice if they want stock or custom kernel.I won't post a link here if anyone wants it pm me.

Update i can confim if you go to settings , storage top right usb connections and then select MTP file transfer still works fine to transfer your files so no need to side load.