Is there anybody know how to unlock the bootloader?

Search This thread

Roogephy

Dec 28, 2013
My kindle fire hdx 7 bicked. And I tried to flash the rom downed from the amozon updating software named update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820 into it in the fastboot model. But I just cann't flash anthing into it because of the message that" Flashing not allowed for locked hw"
Is there anyone know how to solve this problem?

OldDocX

Dec 28, 2013
Same issue - FAIL: flashing not allowed for locked hw. Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 - trying to ROM CM10

Spec-Chum

Mar 7, 2013
I know this is going to sound harsh but please do read more before attempting something like this.

A quick glance of the threads on here will have made you quickly realise that flashing anything on the HDX is not possible at this time.

Threads like this do scare me. If you're not sure, don't do. Simple.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Reactions: quantump8

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
How did you brick it?

Sent from my KFHDX using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to stop using the term "brick". It is 99% likely not a brick. Bootloop is not a brick. Stuck at boot screen is not a brick. QHSUSB_BULK mode is not a brick. They are just symptoms of something you did incorrectly & they are usually fixable with a little patience & common sense.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

How did you brick it?

Everyone needs to stop using the term "brick". It is 99% likely not a brick. Bootloop is not a brick. Stuck at boot screen is not a brick. QHSUSB_BULK mode is not a brick. They are just symptoms of something you did incorrectly & they are usually fixable with a little patience & common sense.

Reactions: quantump8

failed1234

Jul 30, 2012
Well maybe I'll phrase it better: how did you screw up your Kindle?

Spec-Chum

Mar 7, 2013
Last edited:

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator

Spec-Chum

Mar 7, 2013
LMFAO...

Yeah, I know. But if you put bootloop there in the title, then I get a billion daily PM's asking if they have a bootloop or brick, so I include both words in the title. You would think with all the warnings, I wouldn't be getting so many "ooops" emails, yet there they are, every morning.

Reminds me of an old programming quote "Yay! It Works!!!11 It works!!11one. Well, it compiles. What does segfault mean???"

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this is going to sound harsh but please do read more before attempting something like this.

A quick glance of the threads on here will have made you quickly realise that flashing anything on the HDX is not possible at this time.

Threads like this do scare me. If you're not sure, don't do. Simple.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    How did you brick it?

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

How did you brick it?