[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][KITKAT][OmniROM][D2LTE][DELTA UPDATES]

Search This thread

androidsftw

Oct 17, 2013
Om.jpg

One word: OmniROM!

As this is a young ROM, expect the possibility of changes or bugs. (As with any kitkat ROM right now) Personally, it runs great for me.

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and CANNOT BLAME ME for causing harm to your device.

Credits to CyanogenMod for the device trees, and SlimROM for some stuff from them that I am currently using. Thanks a ton to GideonX for helping me out, specifically with the kernel stuff in my custom builds, and also for giving me space on his server to host the upcoming builds.
And of course, credits to Omni for this great ROM/project!

Downloads: Alright everyone, GideonX will be taking care of the regular omni builds now as it only takes one build to support all the d2's. I may consider putting up my personal builds soon, but for the time being, you're going to need to flash GideonX's latest build and you should get delta updates from him from then on. Enjoy!! :D All instructions are on his thread.

D2LTE should work fine now. :D
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589925

My work is on my github.

https://github.com/Androidsftw/local_manifest

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I shall try to help out as much as my limited knowledge lets me.

Changelog:

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Last edited:

androidsftw

Oct 17, 2013
Do you have any plans to trying become the official maintainer for omni on d2spr?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

To be honest, I don't. I'm just doing this because I like omni and this whole project has been a huge learning experience and continues to be one. And if I wanted to be a maintainer, I wouldn't consider it until I implement this whole thing in a better way. (Instead of having to pick stuff from slim and whatnot) There's just so much to test! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHKis

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Downloading Now and will report back in a bit.

Works great although I only have WiFi on this phone it is my rooted test phone. Can not address phone calling or phone data.

Wifi works and camera and video work with great details. No focus issues as with some others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-28-12-57-33.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-28-12-57-33.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,955
  • Screenshot_2013-12-28-12-57-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-28-12-57-55.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,827
  • Screenshot_2013-12-28-12-58-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-28-12-58-09.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Screenshot_2013-12-28-13-00-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-28-13-00-38.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,714
Last edited:
Reactions: brownmc77

androidsftw

Oct 17, 2013
Downloading Now and will report back in a bit.

Works great although I only have WiFi on this phone it is my rooted test phone. Can not address phone calling or phone data.

Wifi works and camera and video work with great details. No focus issues as with some others.

Good to hear! :D

ChoznJuan

Oct 17, 2010
ROM is running super smooth only thing I've noticed so far is that playing video on Netflix, device reboots.

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Rom is running smooth and I'm just playing around with everything to see how it all settles. Nothing to settle more like how all the settings work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
OK I have never had to install Superuser and I did but when trying to install Xposed I get su uid not allowed to su? Any ideas?

androidsftw

Oct 17, 2013
Never mind, must have been a bad install. Reinstalled Netflix & smooth as can be.

Sweet! :D Yeah inconsistencies like that seem to happen sometimes :p In the past, I've noticed that I have like one random reboot while screen recording but then it doesn't happen again when I screen record.

androidsftw

Oct 17, 2013
OK I have never had to install Superuser and I did but when trying to install Xposed I get su uid not allowed to su? Any ideas?

Two things:
1. are you using ART?
2. Try flashing the ROM and the SuperSU zip again.

Oh wait does any root app work or is it just xposed not working?

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Not using ART and Xposed is only root app I have on this phone. I will try another root app to see if it works and reply in a bit.

ChoznJuan

Oct 17, 2010
5 hours running like a champ. On the stock kernel, the phone got noticeably hotter. I switched to BMS kernel & everything is cool now. :cool:

ChoznJuan

Oct 17, 2010
No worries. Now I'll just sit back and wait for the new goodies you have in store.... Maybe going add multi window back in??:what:

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
My battery hasn't heated at all and I still can't get SU to run. Downloaded rooted apps and the will not access SU.

androidsftw

Oct 17, 2013
My battery hasn't heated at all and I still can't get SU to run. Downloaded rooted apps and the will not access SU.

Su works fine for me. I'm not sure what the issue is for you.. Did you flash SuperSU right after flashing the ROM?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Om.jpg

One word: OmniROM!

As this is a young ROM, expect the possibility of changes or bugs. (As with any kitkat ROM right now) Personally, it runs great for me.

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and CANNOT BLAME ME for causing harm to your device.

Credits to CyanogenMod for the device trees, and SlimROM for some stuff from them that I am currently using. Thanks a ton to GideonX for helping me out, specifically with the kernel stuff in my custom builds, and also for giving me space on his server to host the upcoming builds.
    And of course, credits to Omni for this great ROM/project!

Downloads: Alright everyone, GideonX will be taking care of the regular omni builds now as it only takes one build to support all the d2's. I may consider putting up my personal builds soon, but for the time being, you're going to need to flash GideonX's latest build and you should get delta updates from him from then on. Enjoy!! :D All instructions are on his thread.

D2LTE should work fine now. :D
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589925

My work is on my github.

https://github.com/Androidsftw/local_manifest

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I shall try to help out as much as my limited knowledge lets me.

Changelog:

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/q/status:merged,n,z
    Anyone else noticed the call pop up thing? That's the coolest feature I think I've ever seen. Omni ROM for life

Yup it's a non-intrusive call feature in omni. The next build should have an improved version of that with cleaner fonts and size. Also, if you do use DSP manager, there's the ability to set bass frequency to a specific Hz value and the stereo widener feature. The next build will also have new tiles, since it just got merged into omni. I was going to post a build, but I'm working on something right now, and for some reason I don't get service and everything shows up as unknown in settings. Once I get that worked out, I shall post a build :D
    New Omni 2014-06-02 build - http://www.droidhype.com/roms/omni/d2lte/omni-4.4.2-20140602-d2lte-HOMEMADE.zip

- Merged all d2lte changes to support all the new d2 kernel commits.

Please download this zip and flash it directly. There was an issue with the zip from the last update which will prevent you from updating OTA. Opendelta should be working again after this.

If you wish to flash a custom kernel, please make sure the kernel has all the new commits. You will otherwise end up stuck at the bootanimation if you flash any kernel built prior to 6/1 (assuming they pulled the commits).

This zip is confirmed to work with the latest BMS 6/2 test build.

Enjoy!
    No worries. Now I'll just sit back and wait for the new goodies you have in store.... Maybe going add multi window back in??:what:

I'm about to do a rebuild and I'm only using a very small amount of slim stuff compared to before.. If this works, then I'll move on to attempting to add things :p My primary goal right now is to minimize the use of external repositories besides device repositories from cm. The reason I didn't add multi-window is because it's not really that great right now :p if you really want it, then I can cherry-pick it into the ROM..
    My favorite ROM bar none hands down.. Been quite as of late.. Have you moved on dev?

Nope just working on something that I'm hoping to implement before I post the next build. Sorry for the wait. I usually upload builds weekly anyways.