[ROM][KK][4.4.4][KTU84Q] CyanogenMod 11.0 (20140801-UNOFFICIAL)
For general discussions, bug reports and FAQ, go here.
Receiving and making calls
USB mass storage
HW accelerated gui
HW accelerated video
CM-11.0 Install Guide
Note: CM for Galaxy W is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.
Download CM-11.0 and gapps-kk zips and put in /sdcard
- 2014-08-01: CM-11.0 20140801-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Fixed Torch wake lock
- Disabled low ram config (Experimental, but I feel that things are more fluent and more responsive now)
- Kernel 3.4.100
- 2014-07-21: CM-11.0 20140721-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Synced with CM. Should fix various issues, like with themes.
- Kernel 3.4.99
- 2014-07-13: CM-11.0 20140713-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Disabled LPA, again. Causing problems with A2DP etc
- Removed KSM feature. Causing various problems with video/camera
- Kernel 3.4.98
- 2014-07-04: CM-11.0 20140704-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Fixed video playback issue (Thanks Christopher83)
- 2014-07-03: CM-11.0 20140703-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Android 4.4.4
- Various kernel and memory related updates (ADC-Team)
- Available memory increased from 375 to 396 MB
- Enabled LPA playback
- Fixed headset jack insertion in suspended mode (ADC-Team)
- Kernel 3.4.96
- 2014-06-16: CM-11.0 20140616-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Android 4.4.3
- New kernel based on kk_2.7 branch from CAF (credits to Team AriesVE)
- Available memory increased from 340 to 375 MB (might be able to increase it further when I have time to fine tune it, but this should be a safe amount for now)
- Enabled MMC erase capability in kernel for TRIM support (thanks to sir mordred for the hint)
- Reverted back to chromium webview, since classic webview doesn't compile in 4.4.3
- Updated some media related blobs
- Using kitkat Adreno libs again
- 2014-05-28: CM-11.0 20140528-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Reverted kitkat based Adreno libs until issue with video thumbnail generation is fixed, if ever.
- 2014-05-25: CM-11.0 20140525-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- KitKat based Adreno libs (kernel driver also updated to match)
- 2014-05-21: CM-11.0 20140521-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- System UI bug should be fixed now
- Disabled LPA (apparently still some issues with it)
- Kernel 3.4.91
- 2014-05-14: CM-11.0 20140413-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Fixed some audio routing bugs
- Enabled LPA (Low Power Audio) again
- Lockscreen wallpaper
- New theme engine
- Kernel 3.4.86
- 2014-03-23: CM-11.0 20140323-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Synced with CM (should maybe fix some bugs)
- Kernel 3.4.83
- 2014-03-11: CM-11.0 20140311-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Updated Adreno blobs
- Synced with CM
- Kernel 3.4.82
- 2014-01-22: CM-11.0 20140122-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Disabled Low Power Audio (LPA)
- New workaround for text glitch (using classic webview)
- Fix zoom in camera preview (credits Dorregaray)
- 2014-01-17: CM-11.0 20140117-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Enabled Low Power Audio (LPA)
- Fixed VOIP audio
- Fixed Netflix playback
- USB OTG and zRAM fixes (credits Christopher83)
- Kernel 3.4.77
- 2014-01-10: CM-11.0 20140109-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Enable TARGET_USE_QCOM_BIONIC_OPTIMIZATION
- Possible workaround for the graphic glitch
- Updated media profiles
- Increased minimum CPU frequency to 368 MHz
- Lowered zRAM size to half of what it was
- Kernel 3.4.76
- 2014-01-06: CM-11.0 20140106-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- 2014-01-05: CM-11.0 20140105-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Fixed bluetooth tethering
- Implemented storage switching
- Increased zRAM allocation and changed setup according to KK specs (old method is removed from CM11)
- 2014-01-01: CM-11.0 20140101-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Switched back to updated camera app (fixed issue with preview)
- Allocated more memory for PMEM (should fix issues like switching to video mode in camera app after taking pictures)
- 2013-12-31: CM-11.0 20131231-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
- Fixed activity indicators for mobile data
- Fixed preview in camera after taking a picture
- Enabled ZRAM by default
Before you install CM-11.0: Preparation
- 2013-12-28: CM-11.0 20131228-UNOFFICIAL [DOWNLOAD]
(First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.
- Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
- Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
- Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
- Boot into CWM5 recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
- Use CWM6.
- Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-11.0. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone, or you might experience boot and stability issues!
- Wipe data and cache.
- Flash update*.zip.
- Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM11.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
- Reboot phone.
- After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
- Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
- If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
- It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Upgrades from previous versions of CM11.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM11.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.
AriesVE DevConnection Team
Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
ivendor and mirred for help with the camera HAL
Everyone that donated beers
Haters gonna hate
~$ git revert 746865696e7465726e6574