Here is a simple mod I did to wirelessly charge my One XL/Evita
This doesn't require opening your phone, will therefore not void your warranty.
It can be used basically with any snap on case.
NFC works fine with mod
YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE IF YOU
DECIDE WILLINGLY TO APPLY THIS MOD TO YOUR PHONE.
1. pencil, paper, tape & ruler
2. soldering iron preferably with a fine tip
3. copper foil adhesive tape, width ≤ 5 mm
4. restover thin cable (width ≤ 1 mm), will use this to make prongs/pins
5. thin transparent plastic sheet (from any old packaging material), to make extension platform
6. thin wireless charging receiver card (qi standard)
7. an avometer is handy if you have one
8. thin double sided tape keeps things tidy
9. Dremel tool if you have one, to grind pins
10. basic drawing and soldering skills
You will of course need a wireless charging pad.
I went for "qi standard" due to availability and reasonable pricing.
1. draw your phone on paper with receiver card superimposed, lines where 2 copper foil paths will run between contact points on card and the 2 outer pogo connectors.
Note: upper pogo connector is positive and bottom is ground.
Tip: you can lightly tape paper to phone and rub pencil where pogo connector is to give you an imprint of all connector points
2. cut transparent plastic sheet big enough to cover positions of card and pogo connectors on paper. Tape it lightly to paper and draw the lines on plastic with fine permanent pen.
Notice polarity of both card and pogo connector as in pic
3. you need to remove prongs from charging receiver card by carefully and shortly applying hot soldering iron and either push with solder tip or grab with tweezers.
after this you can lightly tape card to plastic sheet within it's drawing, blue side facing paper and white facing up.
4. cut the copper foil tape into 2 equal strips, each was about 2.5 mm in my case.
5. making pins/prongs was the most challenging part. Strip about 1 cm of thin cable and spread some solder on it just enough to make it solid, then cut in half. You can check at this point if they fit comfortably in your phone's pogo holes, may need a bit of grinding.
6. now carefully solder those 2 pieces of solid wire to ends of copper foil strips while taped on paper, it's better to shorten them after soldering, I had to use my Dremel to grind/dull the edges a bit.
7. tape copper foil strips to plastic sheet along drawn lines, use imagination and fine tweezers to bend foil strip at 2 corners, solder strips to 2 points on card. Plastic sheet can be trimmed to suitable size at this point.
8. if you have an avometer you can check if your connections are intact
9. now place the whole thing on phone aligning pins to appropriate outer pogo holes, small piece of tape should be adequate to keep it in place, snap on your case and slide your phone onto the charging pad!
I need to grind my pins a tad shorter!
Video of my phone charging wirelessly!